• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    When you just have to be a little different.
    273617219_1183581549134685_299347817540594588_n.jpg

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It's probably been over a month since this conversation but we were talking at work about the bikes we have and when they told them what I have(Honda CB650) and someone said "Oh, a crotch rocket" I was like

"Eh, barely, it's a more upright seating position and it tops out around 135ish" and someone else said "Oh wow, my Harley goes faster than that"

My brain: Ok maybe

Me: Oh wow, how much?

Dudebro: "It'll do about 180"

Spending countless hours at gun shops prepared my face muscles for this moment as I had to stop my eyes rolling back at the speed of light.

Last edited:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Close, 1984 FJ 1100
    Although it’s pretty tame by today’s standards it’s the bike that started the crotch-rocket craze.
    Understood. I have a soft spot for some of the early standard hot rods which still handled reasonably like the ZRX (have two riding buddies that still keep them alive and ride with them to Barber Vintage Fest) and the FJs. Mostly just see the FJ1200s. That's cool!

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I'll leave this here for you to draw your own conclusions and come up with your own captions

View attachment 181700
    Like a virgin, touched for the very first time .....

**** or ****

Feb 13th:
    Me: Doc, I can't breath.
    Doc: How about some balloon sinoplasty?

Feb 14th:
    Me: Ahhh, I can breath now.

EDIT: :rockwoot:made it to 1K posts!

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm starting to look at new gloves for this year. My years old Alpinestar's are fading and wearing noticeably. I like the idea of keeping my hands and feet covered in Alpinestar brand.

When I bought my gloves, they were the least expensive padded kevlar gloves made. I already had Alpinestar Scout boots that I was (and am,) very happy with, so the purchase made sense. Also the $35 price I paid for them, on sale, was easy to say yes to.

So now I'm in the market again. I think the model I had is no more. I'm sure to spend a little more, but I don't have the money to throw at gear like some of you spend. Economy must stay in mind. I want relatively safe, yet still bang for the buck. Alpinestar logo, like the pro's wear;), is a plus.

It'd be great to find some links to reviews from folks who saved hand injury with their choice.

Advice?

Top Bottom