• OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    But why?

That bike has side cases but no top box. Add a top box and/or a dry bag and you can easily eliminate dragging that thing behind the bike. Handling would be increased substantially without it too.

Below is my bike, outfitted for a month on the road, no trailer needed.

Why don't people leave their TV set, kitchen sink and whatever else fits in that trailer at home?

View attachment 178462
    My bike has a 42 liter top box, dual 47 liter side cases, it carries a 40 liter dry bag, there are also 2 5 liter auxiliary fuel bladders on the bike, which are rarely used. With all that that space I typically end up not filling all the storage areas and using the top box mostly for rain gear and carrying food to the next location. Trailer? WTF!
    Fuel cell sits where a topbox goes. I can run 500 miles without pulling into a gas station. I can put 60 pounds in the trailer and run a twisty road and it feels like there is nothing on the bike. Actually handles better with the trailer. Now I have room and capacity to carry 300 pounds of ammo.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Fuel cell sits where a topbox goes. I can run 500 miles without pulling into a gas station. I can put 60 pounds in the trailer and run a twisty road and it feels like there is nothing on the bike. Actually handles better with the trailer. Now I have room and capacity to carry 300 pounds of ammo.
    I actually bought a trailer at the beginning of the pandemic from watching too many YouTubes of Two Wheels Big Life. I've used it to go to a few contests myself and it makes it easier for all the mc gear plus contest gear, cooler etc. I have been gathering and assembling camping gear in hopes of traveling this summer. Looking at the blue ridge parkway, the rattler and whatever else.
    I hardly know it is back there as well. A little less slower on acceleration and I do have to be mindful that it is still back there.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I actually bought a trailer at the beginning of the pandemic from watching too many YouTubes of Two Wheels Big Life. I've used it to go to a few contests myself and it makes it easier for all the mc gear plus contest gear, cooler etc. I have been gathering and assembling camping gear in hopes of traveling this summer. Looking at the blue ridge parkway, the rattler and whatever else.
    I hardly know it is back there as well. A little less slower on acceleration and I do have to be mindful that it is still back there.
    Take a look at TWOS in Suches, Georgia. Excellent location, management, camping, food, roads are better than the dragon. https://twowheelsofsuches.com/

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Take a look at TWOS in Suches, Georgia. Excellent location, management, camping, food, roads are better than the dragon. https://twowheelsofsuches.com/
    Thanks. I think that I saw that one but will revisit it. Been on the dragon but not with my bike. Beautiful country, challenging road.
    Took the Cherohala skyway on that visit as well. Not on the same day. Lots of vistas but be prepared for absolutely nothing in the way of help/stores on that road. You are on your own.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    If you get to TWOS, Best BBQ is at Jim's Smokin' Que over Wolf Pen Gap Rd. on the way to Blairesville.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    FirstGear is announcing their new line of protective moto-gear today.

I love this brand as a very well designed mid-priced brand that uses quality materials, premium armor and seriously well thought out designs.

The KILIMANJARO jacket and the KATMANDU clothing lines both seem to be redesigned with even better designs. Both were considered to be excellent products and both received some nice upgrades. I ride with a Kilimanjaro jacket in spring and fall and its an awesome jacket.

I have no connection to the company, this is not a paid advertisement. In my opinion this brand makes just damn good gear at fair prices.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    It's definitely NOT riding weather today!

BTW- Ducati of Indianapolis in Brownsburg is having a factory visit today 7P - 9P but you have to have a ticket for entry that can be found on Ducati od Indianapolis ' website.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    This is very common in southern Indiana.

iu

Top Bottom