Mitch McConnell- did he just have a stroke?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    You prefer the governor picking? Sounds like you better be a good yes-man or you might get whacked and replaced by the governors favorite. :n00b:

At the end of the day someone is picking, might as well not change the party the voters selected…
    Why not just have a special session to let the voters pick? That’s better than letting someone else pick for the people. Perhaps just limit it to Republican voters? Idk id just hate to lose someone like Rand Paul and let a RINO governor or partly leader hand pick his favorite RINO to replace him.

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    Why not just have a special session to let the voters pick? That’s better than letting someone else pick for the people. Perhaps just limit it to Republican voters? Idk id just hate to lose someone like Rand Paul and let a RINO governor or partly leader hand pick his favorite RINO to replace him.
    I should have said limit it to the voters of the party that the representative belonged to. I suppose democrats could need this as well.

Assuming letting the people make their choice is off the table, this is slightly better. Just hope the party leader isn’t a snake and chooses a terrible candidate for “us”.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I saw petit mal seizure not stroke.
    Most likely. I guess the turtle had a concussion not too long ago. I saw a YT clip where a Dr said that it could make him susceptible to having a seizure like that at some point down the road after a concussion.

Last edited:

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County

It would be even worse if they pick a lift-winger Dem to replace him (which is what would happen now since the KY Gov is a Dem.) A RINO isn't great, but still better than a full-on Dem!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You prefer the governor picking? Sounds like you better be a good yes-man or you might get whacked and replaced by the governors favorite. :n00b:

At the end of the day someone is picking, might as well not change the party the voters selected…
    Parties suck. So there's that. Nevertheless, prior to the 17th amendment the state legislatures chose Senators. Probably should be that way again. The two houses were created to represent different concerns. The House is the people's representatives. The Senate is the State's representatives. It was a pillar of federalism.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You can have a stroke without the droopy face/falling down. IT looks a lot like a petit mal seizure. It usually affects the cognitive and speech functions.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Parties suck. So there's that. Nevertheless, prior to the 17th amendment the state legislatures chose Senators. Probably should be that way again. The two houses were created to represent different concerns. The House is the people's representatives. The Senate is the State's representatives. It was a pillar of federalism.
    You are preaching to the choir. The 17th is the stealth bomb that blew up a big part of what the founders intended and brought forth the excessive federalism…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I believe the people pick at he next election. This appointment is temporary but allows the people to still have a senator all the time…

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Old age catches up to all of us.
    Mitch acts and moves like he's in his late 90s. Mitch is only a year older than my Dad and doubt he could make it though the first hour of his day. Not sure Mitch has done any physical labor in his life Reminds me of the kids growing up that didn't last a day hoeing beans.

Mitch spent his life behind a desk screwing things up and standing in front of a podium lying to people. That's what caught up with him. :)

Top Bottom