missouri Police Foil Another Theater Massacre.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

It seems to me if he had simply kept his stupid mouth shut and said, "I want a lawyer" there would zero (0) charges here.

Law enforcement and society are so lucky people are too stupid to keep their pie holes shut.

Regards,

Doug

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Good.
    I'd heard something about this.
    They need to catch more of these types and lock them up for good.
    Anybody that thinks like that needs to be removed from society permanently.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    +1 for his mom. I bet turning him in is one of the hardest things she has ever done. Too bad more parents aren't this involved in their kid's lives.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    So he actually, DID this:

He also had been practicing using the weapons at a nearby shooting range, according to court documents.

And this is the result?

Lammers is being held on a $500,000 bond. He was charged Friday with first-degree assault, making a terroristic threat and armed criminal action.

I fail to see what he actually did that warrants being charged :dunno:

(not saying he's not creepy after reading all his confessions, just sayin)

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Any time someone uses the word "foil" or "foiled" to describe preventing a crime, I always get a Snidely Whiplash image in my mind.

2u7wspk.png

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So he actually, DID this:

And this is the result?

I fail to see what he actually did that warrants being charged :dunno:

(not saying he's not creepy after reading all his confessions, just sayin)

Well, most folks frown on planning a mass shooting. The law is set up so you don't have to let someone actually commit the crime before you stop them. That would be stupid. Legally speaking:

"IC 35-41-5-1
    Attempt
    Sec. 1. (a) A person attempts to commit a crime when, acting with the culpability required for commission of the crime, he engages in conduct that constitutes a substantial step toward commission of the crime. An attempt to commit a crime is a felony or misdemeanor of the same class as the crime attempted. However, an attempt to commit murder is a Class A felony.
    (b) It is no defense that, because of a misapprehension of the circumstances, it would have been impossible for the accused person to commit the crime attempted."

Given that:

"Lammers admitted he had bought the firearms with the intention of shooting up the movie theater in Bolivar on Sunday. However, he later decided to also target a Walmart because he feared running out of ammunition and he would have access to additional ammunition inside the Walmart, according to court documents."

Seems pretty simple. Had a plan, took steps to complete that plan, the plan was illegal.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    That's really nice of the newspaper to go to the theater and ask people for their reaction to something that didn't happen. I'm sure the antis just garnered some more supporters. Way to stir the pot, MSM.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How long was he questioned before he "finally admitted" whatever he said? How suggestive was the questioning? Did he really buy the ticket?

The story may be 100% accurate, though that would be a first. The lawyer in me says that this isn't quite what is being portrayed in the report, but what it is, I can't say.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    +1 for his mom. I bet turning him in is one of the hardest things she has ever done. Too bad more parents aren't this involved in their kid's lives.

Really? White trash moms call the cops on their kids ALL the time. Being involved in his life would mean raising him properly so he didn't use excuses in life like "emotional problems."

Top Bottom