• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Hueys are usually out of Peru at the rehab shop there. That rotor wash is distinguishable from miles away. When I was a little boy my dad used to tell me stories about Hueys. I sure do miss him and those stories of the Korean and Vietnam wars.
    I work right next to the Clark county airport, and yeah, nothing sounds quite like a Huey. It’s pretty rare to see or hear them, but probably once every few weeks one will come into the airport.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Might have been 160th SOAR out of Ft. Campbell. Those cats fly all over the place doing their thing. If the S***hooks looked a little different, like a dark color and with a long probe on the front, that might have been who they were.

deingy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Centerville
    Just spotted half dozen chinooks heading north from Indiana into Michigan... excersizes?

Never seen any military birds in my area ever.
    Who knows? Michigan declarer war on Ohio back when it first became a state. The Black Swamp was the only thing that kept them from a real shooting match. Look it up.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Just after noon today, 6 choppers were flying SSW over wester Elkhart county/eastern St. Joe county. I snapped a few pictures. Only ended up getting 5 in a picture.

PXL_20220816_161731892.jpg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I watched a F22 raptor (I think) doing some practice drills around the South Bend airport today. I guess there is an air show in Chicago this weekend.
    Gary air and water show. It's been a few years. They practice usually Thursday and Friday and fly right over my shop. Get a decent show without going to the show

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Guarantee you one thing growing up somewhat near Jefferson Proving Grounds, if their is practice in the air, 0% chance of rain. 0

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Gary air and water show. It's been a few years. They practice usually Thursday and Friday and fly right over my shop. Get a decent show without going to the show
    Dang. I just figured out this is the first year I won't see them practice, or do the show, from work.
    The Blast Furnaces are VERY prominent landmarks from the air, and they use them as markers to line up with.

Maybe I'll have to go to the show.

But... I don't see anything for it online.

I see the Chicago air show now. That's the one coming up. Not going there.

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Dang. I just figured out this is the first year I won't see them practice, or do the show, from work.
    The Blast Furnaces are VERY prominent landmarks from the air, and they use them as markers to line up with.

Maybe I'll have to go to the show.

But... I don't see anything for it online.

I see the Chicago air show now. That's the one coming up. Not going there.
    You can go to Gary airport as well and watch then take off and land. $20 per person just for that

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Apparently, the State Police use Blackhawks to go scout out marijuana farms from the air, so I suppose some of this activity could be from that. This one has been running sorties from Frankfort all week.

Attachments

• BE3578C7-B501-4185-8BFC-A11301FCEDC4.jpeg
      BE3578C7-B501-4185-8BFC-A11301FCEDC4.jpeg
      277.3 KB · Views: 5
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I work right next to the Clark county airport, and yeah, nothing sounds quite like a Huey. It’s pretty rare to see or hear them, but probably once every few weeks one will come into the airport.
    You may be seeing the Sheriff department's helicopter. They have some kind of old one they keep up there last I knew.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom