• cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The Scherber kits on Amazon have no knockoff products in them:

Scherber Public Access Bleeding Control Kit | Trauma Equipment, First Aid Supplies & NAR Tourniquet Pack for Gunshot Wound & Hemorrhage | Medical Professional & Emergency Rescue | Single, Advanced + Amazon product ASIN B0C8LKC3W5
    You can also find NAR and RE on Amazon (in kits or ala carte), just be sure what you’re getting.

aporter

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Hamilton County
    here's a couple suppliers but I'm not sure how price competitive they are currently...
    Mountain Side seems to be very reasonably priced. Thanks for the info!

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I bought kits at Walmart for each vehicle and then I purchased tourniquets, chest seals, Israeli bandages, scissors, and salves to add to each kit I was trying to fill. It gave me cheap containers and the basics to start with. I can add as the need arises.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The Scherber kits on Amazon have no knockoff products in them:

Scherber Public Access Bleeding Control Kit | Trauma Equipment, First Aid Supplies & NAR Tourniquet Pack for Gunshot Wound & Hemorrhage | Medical Professional & Emergency Rescue | Single, Advanced + Amazon product ASIN B0C8LKC3W5
    You can also find NAR and RE on Amazon (in kits or ala carte), just be sure what you’re getting.
    At least yours didnt.
    Amazon is a crap shoot and I HIGHLY recommend avoiding them for life/death products like TQs and such.

There is a nasty thing Amazon does for their own benefit/efficiency. Its called co-mingling product. Take the CAT TQ for instance.

Lets say North American Rescue wants a little of the Amazon action to bolster their website sales. So they start up a relationship with Amazon and ship Amazon 500 CATs so that Amazon has them ready to drop in a box to you within hours of your order placement.

Then another vendor, lets call them Chen's Outdoor Supplies, creates their own amazon storefront. But they have their cousin back home have counterfeit CATs made. They are junk, the stitching sucks, and most importantly, the windlass will snap off when you apply it properly. Chen then sends his fake CATs to Amazon. To make it easier on themselves, EVERYONE's CATs go into the same bin because they are all (supposedly) the same exact product.

Now some of Chen's customers receive real CATs, and some of NAR's customers receive bogus CATs because they are pulling them all from the same bins.

So when it REALLY counts, pay the extra $5 plus shipping and buy from a reputable dealer like NAR.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    At least yours didnt.
    Amazon is a crap shoot and I HIGHLY recommend avoiding them for life/death products like TQs and such.

There is a nasty thing Amazon does for their own benefit/efficiency. Its called co-mingling product. Take the CAT TQ for instance.

Lets say North American Rescue wants a little of the Amazon action to bolster their website sales. So they start up a relationship with Amazon and ship Amazon 500 CATs so that Amazon has them ready to drop in a box to you within hours of your order placement.

Then another vendor, lets call them Chen's Outdoor Supplies, creates their own amazon storefront. But they have their cousin back home have counterfeit CATs made. They are junk, the stitching sucks, and most importantly, the windlass will snap off when you apply it properly. Chen then sends his fake CATs to Amazon. To make it easier on themselves, EVERYONE's CATs go into the same bin because they are all (supposedly) the same exact product.

Now some of Chen's customers receive real CATs, and some of NAR's customers receive bogus CATs because they are pulling them all from the same bins.

So when it REALLY counts, pay the extra $5 plus shipping and buy from a reputable dealer like NAR.
    The Scerber kits aren’t cheapo. If you get any knockoff products, you can hold them to this:

1694388626245.png

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not speaking to Scherber specifically. Just in general. LOTS of fake CATs out there for instance. And a purchase from a reputable dealer via Amazon isnt always safe due to co-mingling.

Fake first aid products from Amazon wouldnt be a big deal. Oh darn. This fake Band Aid (TM) doesnt stick very well.
    Its when you get into blowout bags that things get dangerous.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Does anyone know of a source for left handed trauma sheers? I have had to resort to placing telco snips in my kits and they are pointy. Not ideal, but they work.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Does anyone know of a source for left handed trauma sheers? I have had to resort to placing telco snips in my kits and they are pointy. Not ideal, but they work.
    Ive never seen right handed shears like I do scissors. Every one I've seen are symmetrical with no extra plastic on one side or the other to make it more comfy/uncomfy for a certain hand to be used.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Ive never seen right handed shears like I do scissors. Every one I've seen are symmetrical with no extra plastic on one side or the other to make it more comfy/uncomfy for a certain hand to be used.
    The issue is the side that is “on top” where the scissors are riveted together. The hand causes the cutting edges to either push together as they slide past each other to cut or separate as they cut based on the hand you use them in.

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    Two things:
    1. If you buy a good quality shear like Xshear or Leatherman you won't have an issue. I'm left handed and only have issues on the cheaper sets. I'm an EMT and see everything, but ultimately everyone ends up buying a good set in the end.
    2. I've been looking more and more into the MyMedic kits online. They seem to have good stuff in them for a good "one stop shop". I personally will likely buy the MyMedic Large pro kit in the near future just to try it out.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    May be a slight threadjack but parallel.

What kind of things are approved in an FSA?

My son is going to be leaving a job & has some built up in there, I don't think HR explained to him what it really was.

KomboJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    Paragon
    Since I want trauma kits in almost every pack I had to buy bulk for gauze and what not. Most reliable I found was Medical Gear Outfitters. It's run my a YouTuber, SkinnyMedic, that is or was a paramedic. Doesn't seem too pricey.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Got an email this morning from NAR. They’re doing their annual Halloween themed sale. Darn good prices as usual. 2-pack of CAT TQs for $46. Couple basic kits for cheap too.

aporter

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Hamilton County
    here's a couple suppliers but I'm not sure how price competitive they are currently...
    Thanks for letting me know about Mountainside. Ordered and shipped quickly. I was able to pay with the HSA debit card too.

aporter

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Hamilton County
    May be a slight threadjack but parallel.

What kind of things are approved in an FSA?

My son is going to be leaving a job & has some built up in there, I don't think HR explained to him what it really was.
    To be knowledge a FSA is a pretax account meant to be used for medical costs/supplies for that calendar year only. I believe that the balance available on 12/31/xxxx of that year is forfeited. However, I think you can use a FSA for childcare too. Please take everything I just said as a very loose understanding. I have never had a FSA, only HSA.

Top Bottom