• ...and so much more!
  • Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    I like Gaetz also. How many people are with him though?

:scratch:
    Don’t know but doing the same **** we’ve always done isn’t working. I hope there’s enough of people like him Chip Roy and others to make the uniparty take off their masks. I’m done voting R cause they’re the lesser of the 2 evils. Todd Young can kiss my Lilly white ass. I think there is enough of the freedom caucus to shake up some things but if the shadow government can do to a sitting President what they’ve done I don’t see much hope for the rest of us.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Gaetz is absolutely foolish in this endeavor and is cutting off his nose to spite his face. By overplaying their hand, several House Reps forced everyone else to work with Dems to avoid a shutdown (which would've been a political disaster for Republicans.) Trying to strip McCarthy's speakership is the same. The only result will be someone more liberal in the speaker position.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    "I do intend" to file a motion this week.

I'll believe it when I see it and it's not AI.

"Speaking to reporters on the steps of the Capitol, a beaming Gaetz predicted he has the votes to oust McCarthy — as long as Democrats don’t move to save the speaker.

“I have enough Republicans where, at this point next week, one of two things will happen: Kevin McCarthy won’t be the speaker of the house, or he’ll be the speaker of the House working at the pleasure of the Democrats. And I’m at peace with either result, because the American people deserve to know who governs them,” Gaetz said."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don’t know how much of what drives Gaetz is ideology, or self interest. I’m starting to think the latter. Such a small number of people give a **** about who McCarthy is sleeping with. His faction has only 20 members. Most Republicans in the House are CoC/Neocons. They’re not gonna pick him or any of the other 20 like him. Kick McCarthy out and you’ll just get another like him.

I don’t see a way for him not to look like a fool to everyone else.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Make no mistake, Dems are triangulating how this helps them return to majority in the House in 2024.

My guess... let the Gaetz faction evict McCarthy... let the fun begin again while Repubs try to gain a consensus speaker while the 45 day clock ticks down... and the government will shutdown.

With Dems controlling the WH, they will make the shutdown as painful and obvious as possible for the voters... 'member the fences around parks during the Obama shutdown just to be ********s.

Portray the R's as bumbling idiots and fanatics who put any and everything above "governing".

Any and every R running for the House will be forced to answer the lose-lose question... would/did you support McCarthy or the shutdown?

Either answer loses votes in a lot of districts.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Gaetz is absolutely foolish in this endeavor and is cutting off his nose to spite his face. By overplaying their hand, several House Reps forced everyone else to work with Dems to avoid a shutdown (which would've been a political disaster for Republicans.) Trying to strip McCarthy's speakership is the same. The only result will be someone more liberal in the speaker position.
    I find the idea of a shutdown being a 'disaster for the republicans' to be one of those untested, conventional wisdom things like 'moving the US embassy to Jerusalem would inflame the middle east'

It should be done just to see how bad it would be. Done now, it would allow time for recovery if it proves to be a mistake but also go on record as being more concerned about Americans than billions for Ukraine - which is as it should be. It would have only been better had they not only forced dollars for Ukraine to be curtailed but also forced IN money to take control of our southern border. Show the people you will work on the problems that concern them most, despite barely having a majority, and they may reward you with a bigger majority

At this point, working with democrats to maintain the status quo should be a career ending mistake for any non-leftist politician

There is currently NO 'bipartisan' path out of the mess we are in because it requires a sharp turn in the direction government is trying to take us and few on the left agree (or at least admit it)

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Heard on The Blaze Gaetz is recommending Scalise. Is that any better? Rather have Chip Roy myself.

Did know which thread to post in. We have two going for the same subject.

Top Bottom