• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sdb321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2016
    LaFontaine
    I just ordered a Colt Gold Cup NM. My question to you is two fold: do these need anything done to make them "perfect", and who in IN. is the "BEST" at working on 1911's.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just ordered a Colt Gold Cup NM. My question to you is two fold: do these need anything done to make them "perfect", and who in IN. is the "BEST" at working on 1911's.

AllenM is my go to smith. He and I have collaborated on several ground up custom builds.

In fairness there are a few others.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Depends on what day it rolled off the Colt assembly line in what era of Colt's history... Colt has been hit or miss for years IMO.

Others have said it, I'd trust AllenM with most any firearm, but his specialty definitely seems to be the 1911.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Leave the GCNM alone. It'll retain it's value and allure as is.
    You'll only get so far with a GCNM before you turn it into something other than what it is.
    IF you're wanting a good shooter there are many alternatives.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Someone else provided me this info....I am quoting it for your reference......

Pat Rafferty, Cree, and Ford all know their way around mills and build custom uspsa guns, are shooters, Hoosiers, and good guys.
    Pat (praff) and Cree are on the forum here. FYI, you can find contact info for Gavin Ford at
    Home.

-rvb

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Shoot it, shoot it some more, then more after that. If you still think it needs something, give AllenM a call.

acss502

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Central
    Updates on your findings (pre and post work) please. Been looking at picking up a Colt as well. But like was already said, not sure I could do any work to it (which is why I don’t already have one)

sdb321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2016
    LaFontaine
    I have a short up date: it came in last Thursday. I went in to the LGS to do some dealing Friday and he said I might want to look at something. Low and behold, there it was. WOW IT'S PRETTY!!!! The trigger pull is fantastic. I think I'M going to do as Hoosier45 and others suggested and just shoot it for a while. Thanks for the advice. Pics and a range report will soon follow. Have fun & be safe sdb321.

Top Bottom