• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I didn't include the HI-POINT or KEL-TEC for a good reason, Most serious gun fanatics don't consider those two name brand as quality:twocents:

I think you will find many "serious gun fanatics" who would disagree with your Kel-Tec assumption. I cannot comment on their carbine, but they make a fine pistol, especially given price.

Twingram

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Blackford County
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but two friends of mine just attended a glock armorer school and they came back raving about a glock AR-15. I have no details other than that it is in the works. This may be old news but i figured I'd make my contribution to the thread. Also, I would by a glock carbine in .40 in a heartbeat! especially if it would take G22 mags and the 22 round .40 mag.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but two friends of mine just attended a glock armorer school and they came back raving about a glock AR-15. I have no details other than that it is in the works. This may be old news but i figured I'd make my contribution to the thread. Also, I would by a glock carbine in .40 in a heartbeat! especially if it would take G22 mags and the 22 round .40 mag.

I like the idea of a GLOCK carbine that shoots a RIFLE round:yesway:

Twingram

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Blackford County
    Yeah, a Glock carbine chambered in a rifle caliber would be awesome and I would buy one no questions asked but I am in desperate need of a carbine in .40 lol. I like the idea of having my mags interchangeable with my duty handgun.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I absolutely LOVE my CX4. I have only owned one Glock, back when they first hit the market, '86 or '87....I will never own another. I'm not going to sit here and bash Glock, I'm just saying they aren't for me. I do see a lot more people shooting the lesser kel-tec and hi-point carbines in pistol caliber, but I think they just aren't convinced of the value until they've had one for a while. To me a pistol caliber carbine is essential and needs to use the same round and mag as the pistol that's carried with it. Tactically and logically speaking I believe it is a no-brainer, but until more people begin to understand how important it is to be cross compatible (long gun/pistol) Glock will have a hard time competing in the market. I seriously doubt they could build anything as reliable and high quality as the Beretta for any less than Beretta does. As for the rifle caliber carbine, why? Does you're Glock pistol fire rifle caliber ammo? There are too many on the market already not to mention all those that build their own....no need for another as the competition is already too far ahead of the curve. Just my:twocents:.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I think Glock needs to make a carbine like I need another hole in my head. They need to find a comfortable grip angle with a flat backstrap first. A few long slide models (ala 34&35) in 10mm and .45 acp would be nice. I think they should have adopted the .460 Rowland instead of making their own cartridge as well. I will be buying exactly 2 Glocks to add to my collection, an 20SF, and a 21SF. Beyond that I really am not interested.

Oh wait, when we're talking carbine, we're talking pistol caliber, capable of accepting Glock magazines, hopefully 4 position select fire with a 2 round burst option, and maybe something intelligent in the design, like a 500 lumen long throw ambidextrous weapon light, factory threaded muzzle, and a full length top and bottom rail?
    If it is affordable, I would be VERY interested in that. honestly though, I really just want a 4 position select fire Kriss Super V with an Osprey. I would go through the trouble of an 07/02 and kissing up to the local police just to get a handful of them on a demo letter.

I don't have any interest in a Glock carbine that shoots anything other than handgun cartridges, because there are plenty of them out there already. At this point, the market is lacking a high quality, affordable pistol caliber carbine. My #1 choice for a carbine is Johnny Rowland's Masterpiece Arms carbine (that they don't even make that any more) in .460 Rowland. THAT, boys and girls, is one helluva pistol cartridge.

Twingram

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Blackford County
    ThrottleJockey, Glad to see we are on the same page for the most part! Way to many different AR manufacturers out there already. Yes, I did say I would buy one if they made it but that is mostly because I love glock and I stand by their products.

What caliber is your CX4? I thought about investing in one but I was pretty put off by the mags :/ I just want compatability!!! lol

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    There is a carbine that takes G22 glock mags and shoots 40S&W. It just isn't made by glock. :D

I also saw a Glock in 22LR mentioned on the "want list". TacSol's conversion looks amazing, and I will soon be trying one out and offering a full range report!
    :ingo:

Top Bottom