• ...and so much more!
  • Dwight D

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Both IN and FL
    I was wondering if anyone had any interest in joining me in a letter writing campaign to Glock with the intent to encourage them to come out with a factory Carbine. I think it would be so nice to be able to have a Factory Glock carbine in 9, 40, 45 or 10mm that would take the standard pistol mags and operate just like the pistols. I wonder if enough people wrote them if they would listen. Seems like they are really missing out on a big market here as well. What do you guys think?

Dwight D

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Both IN and FL
    I think those are all good ideas:

Glock Carbine in 9,40,45, and 10mm

Single Stack 9mm ( why not single stack everything?)

380 Glock sold in the USA

any other suggestions?

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    the glock .380 is the same size (if i recall correctly) as its 9mm and 40 partners. No need for a .380 if you can carry a 9 or 40 IMHO

Also there are import laws that keep the .380 from coming in.

The Single stack 9mm is a good idea, but they are so far behind on it. A lot of people have, or will soon have, a single stack/pocket 9mm because of all the new ones coming out (Kimber, Ruger, Dimondback, etc.)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    the glock .380 is the same size (if i recall correctly) as its 9mm and 40 partners. No need for a .380 if you can carry a 9 or 40 IMHO

Also there are import laws that keep the .380 from coming in.

The Single stack 9mm is a good idea, but they are so far behind on it. A lot of people have, or will soon have, a single stack/pocket 9mm because of all the new ones coming out (Kimber, Ruger, Dimondback, etc.)

Couldn't have said it better myself:patriot:

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    If Glock would make a folding stock carbine and sell it for about $500-$600, I think they'd fly off of the shelves. The Ruger carbine is discontinued, and uses mags from the P series pistols, which are not big sellers compared to Glock.

Same for the Beretta Storm, although it is a cool carbine, it is approaching the cost of a low end AR platform. Also, it uses Beretta 92 mags or PX4 Storm mags, and although the 92 is used by the military as the M9, it's not that popular in police or civilian sales now, and neither is the Storm pistol. Not to say that either isn't a great pistol, I'd love to have another Storm pistol one day. They just don't even approach the number of Glocks in service with police and civilians.

I imagine that Glock would sell a boatload of carbines to police departments that carry their pistols. I know I would buy a Glock carbine in 9mm in a heartbeat.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I wouldn’t even bother wasting my time. I figure Glock gets letters from people suggesting these ideas every day. They probably get opened, scanned for content and then shredded. Never makes it off the desk of the secretary.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    A carbine would be nice, especially since it could use widely available parts. I'm contemplating between a shotgun, rifle, or carbine as my "bigger gun" to keep for home defense.

Also, I own a Walther PPS 9mm because Glock doesn't make a single stack 9mm. The vast availability of parts/accessories for Glocks would mean their single stack 9 would beat all of the others hands down. I imagine they don't have it yet because of some underlying design changes that would be needed to get down to .9"-1" width.

If, in the meantime you want a good single stack 9mm, I highly recommend the PPS.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    oops, double post. Not my fault though, the server "sent an invalid response" and when I reloaded the page it reposted.

Last edited:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    A carbine would be nice, especially since it could use widely available parts. I'm contemplating between a shotgun, rifle, or carbine as my "bigger gun" to keep for home defense.

Also, I own a Walther PPS 9mm because Glock doesn't make a single stack 9mm. The vast availability of parts/accessories for Glocks would mean their single stack 9 would beat all of the others hands down. I imagine they don't have it yet because of some underlying design changes that would be needed to get down to .9"-1" width.

If, in the meantime you want a good single stack 9mm, I highly recommend the PPS.

My nightstand gun is a CZ 75 9MM if I need more power, I have a MAVRICK 88 12 GAUGE under the bed;)

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I wont touch a Glock pistol with a 10ft pole, but id actually consider a good carbine. But it would have to be quality piece, none of this hi-point or kel-tec stuff....... It would also have to come in way below the price of a AR carbine for me $650 would be top MSRP. :twocents:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I wont touch a Glock pistol with a 10ft pole, but id actually consider a good carbine. But it would have to be quality piece, none of this hi-point or kel-tec stuff....... It would also have to come in way below the price of a AR carbine for me $650 would be top MSRP. :twocents:

I have two carbines a UZI MODEL B & a NORINCO MODEL 320 while they are accurate, they still fired a 9MM round, I'm old school, I like a carbine that shoots a rifle round:rockwoot:

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    A couple of thoughts...a single stack in any caliber would be great and yes everyone might be coming out with them but a glock is a glock and for those of us who like them they are what they are. A Chevy is a Chevy and a Ford a Ford...it's about preferences...I own 3! Glock is one company that give the police and military/homeland security discount but does anyone else? I know some companies "run specials" but are they continuous like glock? Also as far as the "Glock Keltec" carbine ie Sub2000...I also have one of those that I consider very functional and quality...I can't hit the broad side of anything with it but put it in the hands of my military trained son and he hit's almost the same hole at 35 yards. I also have other guns but in reference to this thread I think the single stack and a carbine would be great Glocks to have.

Top Bottom