• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    A carbine would be nice. I have been wanting to get a Ruger PC4 to go with my P94. I would much rather have a GLOCK carbine.
    I would also like to see a GLOCK .22LR but that will never happen.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Thoughts of an amateur nobody:):

I believe Glock is most likely going to or is already developing a carbine. I'm thinking they will have Military/LEO and civilian models. A FA Glock carbine would compete with the HK MP5 with the factory 33rd mags and could also use the same magazines as the Glock pistols in a crunch. The civilain model will sell like hot cakes and will hopefully be a lot more attractive than the Beretta, Ruger, KelTec or HiPoint.

The price will have to be more than the Glock pistols but cheaper than an AR build in a pistol caliber.

:patriot:

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Isn't that expensive to shoot??:spend:

The 10mm can be spendy, but it's way worth it! I love my 10mm pistols and have always wanted a Colt 10mm Carbine but a Glock Carbine that used my G20/29 mags would be nice too. Ten Millimeter is a great round. ;)

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    For those asking the Glock 25...you do realize it is the same size as a Glock 19 don't you. Why in the world would you want to drop to a lesser caliber in a big gun? The 25 was developed primarily for countries like many in S America where it is illegal to own a firearm in 9mm ( or any current military cartridge).

As for a carbine just get a Mech Tech conversion, they work great, are ultra reliable, can be configured in many different ways (no folder tho) and are not that expensive. If you want you can always pick up a spare Glock lower so you can use both handgun and carbine at the same time.

Personally I would like to see Glock offer a 38 Super version.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Keltec Sub 2000's only cover the 9mm and the .40. If Glock came out with the .45 and / or 10mm, they would still have that market and I'm sure a good deal of people (especially Glock fanboys) would buy the Glock over the Keltec.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Everyone is aping for pistol caliber carbines, but how about they make one in 5.56? Take AR mags, light weight, could make a splash in the carbine market, considering how the market is copying only the AR platform, Glock could make something AK like but reliable and accurate (but not costing Sig's or Robinson Armnament's highway robbery).

Everyone keeps mentioning Keltec, but the Keltec just isn't as durable as a Glock is in their pistol department, now think of a carbine that Glock would make!

A longslide "competition" .45 would be cool.

I want the Glock 25. Harp all you want about practicality, but it's beyond that. Low impulse cartridge like .380, lightly loaded, you could clear up the competition at the GSSF matches with something like that!

More diversity in the Glock match's hierarchy. The stages are cool, but let's loosen up the structure a bit, let's say, competition subcompact or "factory" groups.

Dwight D

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Both IN and FL
    I think I found a picture of the what a new Glock carbine will look like, :):

1770732overaccesorized.jpg

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I disagree. The KelTec leaves a LOT to be desired and is ugly as sin. It is overpriced too.

I had two KEL-TEC sub 2000 piece of junk, blow up in my hands & my son hand:xmad: I return them to KEL-TEC, got new one, but one of the new ones blow again in my son hand, KEL-tec replaced it & I sold them both:twocents:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I disagree. The KelTec leaves a LOT to be desired and is ugly as sin. It is overpriced too.

+1, most of the keltecs I have had (see a few of the threads on that) were VERY fragile and not long term durable. A Glock Carbine would definitely be nicer given their pistols.

Also, to contribute (instead of helping it turn into a Glock vs. Keltec thing), a factory 6" 10mm would probably sell big.

Glock factory red dot mount with "official" Glock red dot (polymer durability, inexpensive but durable) for pistols to bring folks into the "competition" sense of a Glock. Glock I think really focuses on the self defense market when pandering to civvies (perfectly fine) but a reemphasis on competition and GSSF would really solidify their base (different competition models and more factory competition options).

Think about it: Instead of dropping a few thousand on some overglorified space gun, how about a factory G34/35/40 (that would be their factory longslide .45 :D ) with a factory red dot mount and quality compact "factory" red dot, 3.5 connector, metal black sights (like Heinies), KKM (or similar) convential rifled match barrel, etc... Maybe even make it under a Glock "Performance" shop to get around the retarded import laws. Sort of like the G34/35, but add a few hundred.

Top Bottom