• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abeguzmanmarine

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    TERRE HAUTE
    Haven’t looked into it but I’m planning to inventory my black walnut trees and see if I’ve got enough of them to tap. I know I’ve got sycamores at home but I don’t know if they make decent syrup.
    I tapped black walnut this year. Much higher ratio than maple. great syrup, but it was something like 85 to 1. It was ridiculous. I dont have RO, but still, 85 to 1 is crazy. Also, it had so much pectin it was almost impossible to filter. It forced me to buy a vac filter this year. upside is I sold it for $3 an ounce and sold out so fast I will ask more next year.

Derbster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Lawrenceburg
    First year doing this. I have one on my yard and two at the neighbor’s yard. We also had some come in on the in-laws property and a friends property we took because they were out of town.

Our first batch she boiled down to a nice thick syrup. Some of the best syrup I’ve ever had. The batch after that it stayed kinda thin. We don’t know what we’re doing really but we’re trying. So all together we boiled down like almost 30 gal.

Top Bottom