Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This should mean the end of vaccine EUA and mandates then, right?

So do we need to ratio 89% effective by the realized\touted effectiveness of their vaccine?

Oh look it's the "not" ivermectin pill I've been sarcastically joking pfizer would start pushing.

The shark has been jumped.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    In my business (insurance)...there aren’t many places to hide from ‘woke’ companies. I hate that I work for the beast, but it’s the only job I’ve ever had that pays a living wage. I spent 15 years spinning my wheels in a dead end job before I started working in my current field...was finally starting to save a little for retirement now that I’m almost ‘middle aged’, and now this.

My company IS offering testing option, but also states that we need to disclose our vaccination status within a month...THAT’S a major concern/red flag for me. Since when can a company request that I disclose medical information to them? Has that EVER been legal? Because I don’t think it is.

It doesn't cost much to file the paperwork to sue them for it.

Even if it accomplishes nothing, if you can get others at your work to do the same, it sends a very clear message they have to address.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Good leaders lift people up.

:)
    90fed1370fa3eb7be89bac15992ee019.jpg

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    If we do leave our jobs then what's next? Next month they could say any company below 100 people have to be vaccinated then everyone is screwed. Hate to say it but it really seems like Alex Jones wasn't so crazy after all. I remember him talking about this kinda stuff happening years ago and I thought he was crazy but hear we are.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Jeronimo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    This IS the hill to die on.
    And it’s not just about this vaccine.
    If they can force this on us, there’s no limit. Two shots to keep your job becomes 12 shots to keep your job. And who knows what comes next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If we do leave our jobs then what's next? Next month they could say any company below 100 people have to be vaccinated then everyone is screwed. Hate to say it but it really seems like Alex Jones wasn't so crazy after all. I remember him talking about this kinda stuff happening years ago and I thought he was crazy but hear we are.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    image0000001(1).png

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    This IS the hill to die on.
    And it’s not just about this vaccine.
    If they can force this on us, there’s no limit. Two shots to keep your job becomes 12 shots to keep your job. And who knows what comes next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Your kids get the jabs or we take them from you." Just wait.

Getting close to time for the fourth box.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There's many valid, and even good, reasons for not getting vaccinated our just questioning it.

But that's not what the meme I commented on is about. It's about the same thing as Tomb's was talking about last week - implying you're weak, and not a patriot if you get vaccinated.

That's first rate fear mongering.

It's that binary thinking raising its ugly head again.
    No. He said, paraphrasing, if you get vaccinated so that the powers that be allow you to operate in the world, you’re, etcetera, etcetera. He did qualify it. Not that I agree with all the etcetera.

You keep thinking the push back against the vaccine mandate is just being anti-government or whatever. Every time you say what it is you get it wrong. You haven’t correctly articulated yet what the driver is.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    No. He said, paraphrasing, if you get vaccinated so that the powers that be allow you to operate in the world, you’re, etcetera, etcetera. He did qualify it. Not that I agree with all the etcetera.

You keep thinking the push back against the vaccine mandate is just being anti-government or whatever. Every time you say what it is you get it wrong. You haven’t correctly articulated yet what the driver is.
    Milquetoast fence-sitting internet sophists gonna milquetoastingtingly fence-sit while spouting lame psychobabble trying to be the smartest or most asinine or most disingenuous person in the room.

I find it highly unlikely that the folks here don’t have the reading comprehension it takes to understand what I posted.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    my other question would be how inert does the vaccine have to be for it to be moot?

For some even if it's 100% saline they'd fight it - and have every right to do so.

For others maybe there's a tipping point.

Of course that's a bit theoretical as it's impossible to prove those things. And that's just an isolated thought experiment, without the real-life complexities.

PS - I hate typing on this stupid tablet. My posts are much more terse than I want because I have one finger working, and have to go and info stupid autocorrect.
    The “saline” line of reasoning is essentially, “oh just get the vaccine so you don’t lose your job,” which it’s nice of you to recognize people have a right to refuse even something as inert as saline. But this demonstrates that you don’t get it.

I’ll try again. The federal government was not granted to power to mandate this. States? Arguable. It’s not just that they don’t want to do it because the government told them to. It’s so that we don’t grant by tacit approval, power that the federal government hasn’t been given. Fight it so they don’t do even more.

If you want to take the vaccine because it protects you from covid, at least a little, I don’t think any of the people here cursing Joe Biden and his overreaching mandates would have any problem with that. It looks to me like the problem is with caving in to a mandate Biden has no rightful power to to make or enforce. If I understand it correctly, it has nothing to do with any of the things you’ve quipped about.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom