Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    What is frustrating is not having the data available. I don't need opinions. Give me the data. What I want: monthly & cumulative amounts for vaccinated/not-vaccinated; monthly & cumulative amounts for vaccinated/not-vaccinated by age group. Hospitalizations & deaths by age group, v/not-v, monthly and cumulative.

I've looked in many different places and I'm not able to find the data. I don't believe that the CDC doesn't have it. With all the MD's, MBA's and PhD's running around, it is irresponsible NOT to have that data.
    Even you are excluding a more important number and that’s Covid recovered patients. No one, and I mean NO ONE is reporting on this. Why? If it wasn’t effective we would be hearing about it daily yet we aren’t.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I'm tired of doing the google searches. But, from what I remember, the standard tests will not determine which flavor of Covid has caused the infection. However, there has been a great deal of genomic sequencing done on Covid in Europe and Israel to establish that the Delta variant is the main viral vector for present infections. The USA has also studied the sequences and determined that Delta is also complicit in the USA and that it arrived in America from Europe, not Asia.

If your approach is to only look at the possible exceptions to confirm your bias, then you are likely to be able to do so. Isn't it a waste of someone else's time to debate the point with you?
    I’m not forcing anyone to waste their time debating points with me. It’s a voluntary discussion, which you can opt out of at any time. ;)

My question still stands tho. If the deaths are higher now than they were at this time last year, and hospitalizations are double, then that should show that the vaccines aren’t effective against delta variant. So why should I take the vaccine? It obviously has done nothing to stop the spread, prevent hospitalization, or prevent deaths.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You're using new math. Bacon deficiency likely. Under the old math if 70% of the vaccinated people represent 40% of the cases, there is correlative evidence of a level of efficacy greater than zero

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    What other disease has killed 700,000 in the last two years?

To pretend the mumps or tetanus is on par with COVID is retarded.

I'll take a guess and say that AIDS hits that mark. Since it got started in the 80s the mortality rate has gone down.

It's still out there, just not on the news as much as our current disease du jour.;)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    What other disease has killed 700,000 in the last two years?

To pretend the mumps or tetanus is on par with COVID is retarded.

Number of deaths in the United States for leading causes of death in 2019:​

• Heart disease: 659,041
    • Cancer: 599,601
    • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 173,040
    • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 156,979
    • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 150,005
    • Alzheimer’s disease: 121,499
    • Diabetes: 87,647
    • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 51,565
    • Influenza and Pneumonia: 49,783
    • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,511
    Considering that anyone who dies from any one of these other causes but tests positive for covid gets counted as a covid death I have a difficult time believing the human race is in danger.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You really ought to check out the claim before posting such garbage.

From the AP
    That cite is hilarious

From Feb. 1 to June 21, the public health agency documented 92,029 cases of patients infected with the delta variant. Of those patients, 53,822, or about 58%, were unvaccinated and 7,235, or less than 8%, had received both doses of a vaccine.

“If the vaccine didn’t work, you’d expect those numbers to be equal,” explained David Cennimo, an infectious disease expert at the Rutgers New Jersey Medical School. “You’re seeing in the data that the vaccine is working.”

The agency’s data shows 117 people died from the delta variant within 28 days of a positive test, including 44 people who were unvaccinated and 50 who were fully vaccinated.
    I notice that they cite the lack of a demographic breakdown as a way to cast aspersion on the raw data, but then do not offer such a breakdown in order to prove their point

"You're seeing in the data that the vaccine is working" is the paper committing the same sin. There are 7.4x as many unvaxxed cases as vaxxed, but without that demographic breakdown how significant is that? Is it all people over 50 or 60 or 70? Does it contain a high percentage of the young? They provide numbers that shade the discussion in the direction they want it to go, just like everybody else

What I see is that, although there are 7.4x as many cases among the unvaxxed, the death rates are comparable (44 vs 50) as well as they don't account for 23 deaths (117 total less 44 and 50) which would seem likely to be partially vaxxed. They also fail to account for 30972 cases (92029 minus 53833 minus 7235) which again can be assumed to be partially vaxxed

Treating both groups as a random sample, the raw risk of dying from a vaxxed case of Delta is absolutely 0.7% and the raw risk of death unvaxxed is 0.08% - exactly the opposite of what one would expect if the vaccine were really 'working'

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    That cite is hilarious
    Of course, you're welcome to provide better data that we can all peruse.

What is obvious to many here is that, in the 21st century, the medical community seems to fail at statistics. It could be that it is intentionally misleading. It could also be that they are mathematical morons.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

What is obvious to many here is that, in the 21st century, the medical community seems to fail at statistics. It could be that it is intentionally misleading. It could also be that they are mathematical morons.
    Don’t forget the financial incentive they were given to report things in a certain way.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Did he not just provide better data, or more correctly a better interpretation of the data than the original author?
    Isn’t you not recognizing and maybe even countering his analysis this “failing at statistics” in a way?

These threads just seem to move so fast, but always in a circle.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Did he not just provide better data, or more correctly a better interpretation of the data than the original author?
    Isn’t you not recognizing and maybe even countering his analysis this “failing at statistics” in a way?

What part of the circle are we currently at? I’m getting dizzy

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

There is no argument that Bug can rearrange deck chairs with the best of them. Whether that provides additional meaning to you and others is perhaps not conclusory. We all seek additional data, and likely, for the same reasons.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Option 3: Mathematical competence is 'too white'

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom