Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Looks like the courts will weigh in on exemptions.
    https://julieroys.com/university-of-colorado-faces-covid-religious-exemption-suit/

my biggest problem with a lot of these claims is the inconsistency and novelty. People who've never had a problem with pork chops before suddenly can't eat any hotdogs, because some hotdogs have pork.

Simultaneously while making that statement they're eating pork rinds and washing it down with pork soda.
    Take a look at the Religious exemption for students form.

Seems like the law disagrees with your feelings. Parents are able to pick and choose vaccines to object to.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks for the detailed response. I want to clarify one point.

If I claim a religious exemption from working Sundays that can be denied if the business deems that exemption detrimental to the business?

Let's make this an employer with over 100 employees with the ability to cover Sundays but we can leave open the possibility that it will cause jealousy among employees.

If the answer to the above is yes, then, according to the law, how would that be different from denying a religious exemption for vaccination?

I would think one answer to that would be a reasonable person wouldn't have needed to state such an exemption pre Covid, but I feel like that is an incomplete answer. Other conditions for employment can change over the term of employment.

I am intentionally narrowing this discussion to religious exemptions.
    But if such a change to conditions of employment affects an area covered by the EEOC, you don't have an entitlement to an exemption but you do have a case. Whether you pursue legal action under the EEOC is up to you, but you are leaving out several key steps in the process. The EEOC only establishes the framework under which you appeal

The critical distinction is that you CAN raise a religious objection to working on Sunday if you did not agree to such in your initial employment contract. Your employer may dispute your rights established under the EEOC and it will be up to the courts to sort it out

On a different note, Ohio has a bill in committee to make natural immunity a valid exception to any Covid mandate and require corporations to accept a positive antibody test as the equivalent of vaccination. It further requires a company that wishes to compel recurrent testing of employees to test everyone, both vaccinated and not and to pay for it. It is an elegant solution, a company can have as much testing as they are willing to pay for. It will likely devolve into random testing occasionally like drug-free workplace law due to the cost

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    https://julieroys.com/university-of-colorado-faces-covid-religious-exemption-suit/

my biggest problem with a lot of these claims is the inconsistency and novelty. People who've never had a problem with pork chops before suddenly can't eat any hotdogs, because some hotdogs have pork.

Simultaneously while making that statement they're eating pork rinds and washing it down with pork soda.
    Maybe the threat of lethal injections has made believers out of them?

Do you doubt that conversion is possible? Do you presume to judge the belief of another?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

What I find fascinating is that you spend way more time b****ing about people's attempts to use religious exemptions to hold onto their autonomy than you do about those trying to take it away.
    Because as a Christian I care more about doing what is righteous than doing what is selfish.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

The last four years have given us the ability to change our identity at any time without fear of being questioned from those that disagree. I can claim any religious identity I choose at a moment in time I choose without question from you. You must accept my choice or be labeled as a hater.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So you spend your time judging others on the internet?

ViciousRedAfricanwildcat-size_restricted.gif

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So you spend your time judging others on the internet?
    Doth not thou judging me at this very moment?
    This thread, and forum as a whole is just a bunch of passing judgement, so get over it.

my contention is that self-identifying evangelicals are increasingly drifting away from anything with solid doctrine and into a religion that's guided more by right-wing politics than anything else. There's a large amount of anecdotal evidence and polling data that points this out.

Increasingly, when I say I'm an evangelical, I have to follow up with, "but not like that."

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Because as a Christian I care more about doing what is righteous than doing what is selfish.
    LOL!

Oh. You’re serious

Isn’t it selfish to force someone to take something against their will? Is it righteous to tell people what your opinion of their relationship with their God is, and what they should be exempt from doing because of your personal feelings on the matter?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

You are not owed any explanation or justification for other people's medical decisions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom