Man arrested in 'Call of Duty' 'swatting' hoax that led to fatal police shooting

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    For the lawyers out here. Will this preexisting information regarding threatening grandma and other alleged data be more likely or less likely to impact any judicial ruling(s) regarding this swatting case? Or will it be totally inadmissible as it never went anywhere due to grandma's failure to show up?

Regards,

Doug

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    For the lawyers out here. Will this preexisting information regarding threatening grandma and other alleged data be more likely or less likely to impact any judicial ruling(s) regarding this swatting case? Or will it be totally inadmissible as it never went anywhere due to grandma's failure to show up?

Regards,

Doug

Lawyer answer: it depends.

Generally, prior bad acts aren't admissible to show the accused is a bad person who commits bad acts. Presumption of innocence and all that.

In limited situations, though, certain information can be made known.

So, it depends.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Lawyer answer: it depends.

Generally, prior bad acts aren't admissible to show the accused is a bad person who commits bad acts. Presumption of innocence and all that.

In limited situations, though, certain information can be made known.

So, it depends.

Yeah, it depends. It's makes for fun in the investigation phase. At trial, more dicey. As T.Lex said, generally, prior bad acts (even convictions) are not admissible as "body of work" evidence. Convictions can be admissible under certain circumstances if the guy testifies.

A rhetorical question would be: how good is the prosecutor at baiting the defense attorney into opening the door (it's an art form)?

For pretrial detention and probably sentencing- relevant.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'd prefer that we keep Glen outta this.

:D

Glenn-Looks-Serious-in-The-Walking-Dead-Season-6-Episode-3.jpg.cf.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No.....You have got to help...Because you see I've been walking these streets alone...Singing the same old song...I know every crack in these dirty sidewalks of Broadway.....

:)

I dream of the things I'll do with a subway token and dollar tucked inside my shoe.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Wow! I came here to read about a swatting and ended up in a conversation about church's testicles that ended with a musical dance routine....

Only on INGO...:D

Don

Top Bottom