• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Ok folks this is a case of bashing here. On the face of it it looks bad. After knowing all the facts , there is no way this was appropriate. The wife of the officer in question was a teacher that was calling him as she was dying to say Good Bye.

This was also the same officer who was disarmed and restrained to keep him from taking care of business.

I am not saying there were not unthinkable decisions made, but I am saying there was a fair bit of media bias as well.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Ok folks this is a case of bashing here. On the face of it it looks bad. After knowing all the facts , there is no way this was appropriate. The wife of the officer in question was a teacher that was calling him as she was dying to say Good Bye.

This was also the same officer who was disarmed and restrained to keep him from taking care of business.

I am not saying there were not unthinkable decisions made, but I am saying there was a fair bit of media bias as well.
    He’s a lawyer, he’s exempt from appropriateness.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    He’s a lawyer, he’s exempt from appropriateness.
    No not meaning him by any means. just venting a bit understanding given some of the other video stills out there yeah on the face of with out knowing all the facts it does not look good. But the graphic depiction is what really frosted my mug.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I have not read the statute, so I may be off base here. But are their pitfalls and places that remain off limits in the absence of a LTCH?
    I can think of only one possibility other than the fed GFSZA, and that would be local govt buildings other than a courthouse. Per IC they can make a no firearm rule if they have metal detectors at all public entrances that are manned by LEOs. But if you have a LTCH handguns are exempt and can't be prohibited. I've heard of one locality that may be doing this, it was posted on facebook that they were installing metal detectors but specific locality wasn't mentioned.
    I was kind of thinking of the when you were dropping your child off at school. When we were in Indiana I always took my son to school, because I was gtg regardless.

If I remember correctly my wife had looked into it and if you had your LTCH you could carry as usual as long as you did not exit your vehicle.
    Per IC it's as long as you're legal to possess. So with constitutional carry it's still okay.
    IC 35-47-9-1Exemptions from chapter
    (3) Except as provided in subsection (b) or (c), a person who:
    (A) may legally possess a firearm; and
    (B) possesses the firearm in a motor vehicle.

Yes but you still cannot carry on school property, in a school bus or property where school functions are occurring per Indiana code (With exemptions for permitted religious activities).
    The school functions part of the code was changed, now it's just property owned or leased by a school. Used to be a roaming school zone, such as being at the Zoo when a field trip was taking place you would have been in violation of the law.

I am not sure of the details, has to be “secured” and out of plain sight.
    That would be if you are leaving the vehicle. See the IC I posted above and this one.
    (5) Except as provided in subsection (b) or (c), a person who:
    (A) may legally possess a firearm; and
    (B) possesses only a firearm that is:
    (i) locked in the trunk of the person's motor vehicle;
    (ii) kept in the glove compartment of the person's locked motor vehicle; or
    (iii) stored out of plain sight in the person's locked motor vehicle.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

If it's that officer I can understand. But iirc he received the call from her before he was at the school. And wasn't disarmed or restrained, he was told he would be if he attempted to breech the classroom. If it wasn't the officer in question, there is no limit to the amount of scorn that should be heaped upon his head. And that is putting it mildly. If I'm incorrect, I would appreciate any info/links/etc you have.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    If it's that officer I can understand. But iirc he received the call from her before he was at the school. And wasn't disarmed or restrained, he was told he would be if he attempted to breech the classroom. If it wasn't the officer in question, there is no limit to the amount of scorn that should be heaped upon his head. And that is putting it mildly. If I'm incorrect, I would appreciate any info/links/etc you have.
    I will see if I can find some links that are available in the public domain. Not being sarcastic by any means, I am just very cognizant with regards to sharing specifics.

ok to pm you?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I will see if I can find some links that are available in the public domain. Not being sarcastic by any means, I am just very cognizant with regards to sharing specifics.

ok to pm you?
    PMs are fine. And thank you much.

Twr11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2016
    McCordsvilles
    Asking for a friend.
    Can a school employee (teacher) that has an Indiana LTCH permit/ license, keep the firearm out of sight and lock in vehicle while on school property?
    Thank you

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Asking for a friend.
    Can a school employee (teacher) that has an Indiana LTCH permit/ license, keep the firearm out of sight and lock in vehicle while on school property?
    Thank you
    Not a lawyer, Not legal advice.

My understanding is as a citizen, yes it is lawful.

However as a teacher, if anyone found out, their teaching position may be in jeopardy. I'm sure there are probably provisions in their contracts that reference weapons possession.

Top Bottom