• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Are there any benefits to getting a LTCH now that we have constitutional carry ?
    Some individuals prefer only to sell firearms in a private transaction to someone who has a LTCH, as an extra step to avoid unknowingly selling to a felon.

If you have anything on your record that for some weird reason you aren't sure if it would make you not allowed to carry a handgun but you don't have anyone you trust enough to ask about it and get a for sure answer, I guess you could just get the LTCH so you know for sure.

If you think you might ever encounter a police officer who doesn't know or is willing to abuse the law, a LTCH might be an extra layer of safety during police interactions.

These are few reasons I can think of that might apply (I guess that second one is a bit of stretch, though...)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Over 20% of adult Hoosiers have a LTCH. Doesn't hurt to have one, get the lifetime. Then when after you get the lifetime keep an eye out for the the ATF ain't a bunch of anti-gun ****s and get the 5 year.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I am not sure of the details, has to be “secured” and out of plain sight.
    I was kind of thinking of the when you were dropping your child off at school. When we were in Indiana I always took my son to school, because I was gtg regardless.

If I remember correctly my wife had looked into it and if you had your LTCH you could carry as usual as long as you did not exit your vehicle.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I was kind of thinking of the when you were dropping your child off at school. When we were in Indiana I always took my son to school, because I was gtg regardless.

If I remember correctly my wife had looked into it and if you had your LTCH you could carry as usual as long as you did not exit your vehicle.
    You are correct sir:

Top Bottom