• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I know some here dislike Tik Tok but I do get some good information on there. This video on what’s included in the national defense authorization of 2021 with the catch all crime for opposing the government in words or actions.

Apparently they want to make sure they don’t have to make up BS charges again like they are for January 6th

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I know some here dislike Tik Tok but I do get some good information on there. This video on what’s included in the national defense authorization of 2021 with the catch all crime for opposing the government in words or actions.

Apparently they want to make sure they don’t have to make up BS charges again like they are for January 6th
    Dislike is not the correct word. Distrust is more accurate. It is known to have issues with privacy and security, as well as being Chinese owned. China is sort of known to always be looking for ways to steal information.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Dislike is not the correct word. Distrust is more accurate. It is known to have issues with privacy and security, as well as being Chinese owned. China is sort of known to always be looking for ways to steal information.
    Agreed but those same properties are what seems to keep non White House approved news from getting out.

strange times we live in. The oppressive Chinese made an app that’s allowing free speech for Americans where American apps are censoring information. What a clown world. I wouldn’t have believed it if I you told me in 2010

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We've replaced thinking critically about what we're told with just a simplistic, " do I think the WH hates this info?".

Seems like a poor way to get intel.

Anyone that takes to TikTok to say something "important" probably isn't worth my time. (Yes, I eschew YouTube as well).I

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    We've replaced thinking critically about what we're told with just a simplistic, " do I think the WH hates this info?".

Anyone that takes to TikTok to say something "important" probably isn't worth my time. (Yes, I eschew YouTube as well).I
    It must take you forever to fix/repair stuff

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis

The White House press secretary is regularly mentioning that the White House is working with social media to make sure the correct narrative is being pushed on social media.

you really should start watching the daily briefings.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Agreed but those same properties are what seems to keep non White House approved news from getting out.

strange times we live in. The oppressive Chinese made an app that’s allowing free speech for Americans where American apps are censoring information. What a clown world. I wouldn’t have believed it if I you told me in 2010
    There are other less problematic places to get information.

Rumble and Locals are two good places to look.

Youtube still has a lot. Those speaking just have watch what exactly they say. Which is one of the reasons I try to avoid that platform as much as possible.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The White House press secretary is regularly mentioning that the White House is working with social media to make sure the correct narrative is being pushed on social media.

you really should start watching the daily briefings.
    Again, just because they don't like it doesn't make it good.

It's much better to judge something based on the quality of the content and the reputation of the source rather than the reaction of your enemy to it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We much each evaluate it ourselves, thinking critically. (I.e. What the WH says shouldn't be a factor)
    One of the things which has disheartened me over the last few years is all sides deciding what to believe based upon who said it and whether we like them versus the quality of the information itself. No one is always right. Few are always wrong.

Reactions: KLB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom