• Status
    Not open for further replies.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have co-workers who are still mentally ****ed up from the riots last year, I am as well to some degree. We were made fun of and degraded for our lack of "manliness" by the riot supporters. The thing is, much of the testimony they are giving about that day is EXACTLY how I felt from the May riots. I might not cry on the stand now but I HAVE CRIED over it. It is sad to see the same disregard directed at them now as was directed at us last year. Very unfortunate.
    You were actually in a real riot...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Great testimony

Tourists lol
    Testimony lol. That's what you call pre-planned and rehearsed political theater, but maybe this time they'll finally get Trump huh.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe the loosest of definitions.
    Oh, when president Trump had to be whisked away by secret service because an angry mob of left-wingers storming, you recognized it then. You rightly called that a riot. When congress critters have to be whisked away because of an angry mob of right-wingers, oh, now that's nothing but exercising patriotism? Really?

C'mon man. Let's admit what happened. An angry mob of right wingers were riled up and they stormed the capitol, broke in, and acted like violent fools. Not all. But many. It's hard to admit your side did something wrong. But that's just what mob mentality is. It seems to me that denying what happened, and especially defending their actions, is at least a tacit endorsement of it.

I often refer to it as an insurrection. I think it easily fits the dictionary definition, but probably not the legal definition. So when leftist lawmakers say it was an armed insurrection, I'm pretty sure they're claiming it meets the legal definition. I think that's nonsense and not supported by all evidence. So I'll concede that calling it an insurrection has confusing semantics. But it definitely meets any objective definition of a riot. It was at least that.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Oh, when president Trump had to be whisked away by secret service because an angry mob of left-wingers storming, you recognized it then. You rightly called that a riot. When congress critters have to be whisked away because of an angry mob of right-wingers, oh, now that's nothing but exercising patriotism? Really?

C'mon man. Let's admit what happened. An angry mob of right wingers were riled up and they stormed the capitol, broke in, and acted like violent fools. Not all. But many. It's hard to admit your side did something wrong. But that's just what mob mentality is. It seems to me that denying what happened, and especially defending their actions, is at least a tacit endorsement of it.

I often refer to it as an insurrection. I think it easily fits the dictionary definition, but probably not the legal definition. So when leftist lawmakers say it was an armed insurrection, I'm pretty sure they're claiming it meets the legal definition. I think that's nonsense and not supported by all evidence. So I'll concede that calling it an insurrection has confusing semantics. But it definitely meets any objective definition of a riot. It was at least that.
    We can meet halfway and just use your sides definition in that it was a mostly peaceful protest.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We can meet halfway and just use your sides definition in that it was a mostly peaceful protest.
    It's a mistake to assume that because I think the violence on 1/6 was wrong that I must be on the other side. There is a much higher resolution with which to understand this. The videos of the riot on 1/6 looks a lot like the videos of an average night of Antifa/BLM rioting, minus the looting and burning, and that the people doing the rioting on 1/6 looked a lot more like me.

I'm not of the opinion that the Antifa/BLM rioting was peaceful by any definition. I'm also not of the opinion that 1/6 was peaceful by any definition, except, many of the people who entered the building acted more like tourists than an angry mob, which is a dynamic not evident in the Antifa/BLM rioting.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Bug? Is that you? :):

Seriously, I think he's saying it's you who misunderstood. Not agreeing with you on one point doesn't put me on the other side of the whole thing. That's just binary thinking.
    I didn't misunderstand anything, you said 'it's hard to admit your side did something wrong' and calling them right wingers and attributing their actions to me while I neither support or endorsed the events of Jan 6th. This indicates you consider yourself on the other side. While I don't think it was nearly as dramatic as the democrats are portraying it, it definitely dropped right into their propaganda machine and we could have definitely done without it. I've never gotten the 'is that you' lol.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's a mistake to assume that because I think the violence on 1/6 was wrong that I must be on the other side. There is a much higher resolution with which to understand this. The videos of the riot on 1/6 looks a lot like the videos of an average night of Antifa/BLM rioting, minus the looting and burning, and that the people doing the rioting on 1/6 looked a lot more like me.

I'm not of the opinion that the Antifa/BLM rioting was peaceful by any definition. I'm also not of the opinion that 1/6 was peaceful by any definition, except, many of the people who entered the building acted more like tourists than an angry mob, which is a dynamic not evident in the Antifa/BLM rioting.
    Have you given sufficient consideration to the fact that the video of the event that you are being allowed to see is a tiny fraction of what actually exists and has been carefully curated for your consumption by Nancy Pelosi's fellow travelers?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Have you given sufficient consideration to the fact that the video of the event that you are being allowed to see is a tiny fraction of what actually exists and has been carefully curated for your consumption by Nancy Pelosi's fellow travelers?
    Also funny how the videos of police opening the doors for them to enter the building have been omitted. You can’t fart in a Walmart aisle without it being on YouTube, there’s thousands of hours of video that will go unseen. That’s not justice, that’s an agenda.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Your stated position reminds me of the similar superficial apologia trotted out to absolve Native Americans from any responsibility for events like Wounded Knee, ignoring the behaviors that stoked the hatred in order to feel free to moralize about such events in isolation, as if the frequent previous violations of what were considered civilized norms were of no consequence

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I didn't misunderstand anything, you said 'it's hard to admit your side did something wrong' and calling them right wingers and attributing their actions to me while I neither support or endorsed the events of Jan 6th. This indicates you consider yourself on the other side. While I don't think it was nearly as dramatic as the democrats are portraying it, it definitely dropped right into their propaganda machine and we could have definitely done without it. I've never gotten the 'is that you' lol.
    I probably could have used a more precise label. I guess I could have said Trumpers. But there aren't just two sides regardless. It just says that I don't agree with that one point. You said I used "my side's" definition of "peaceful protest". The people saying that the BLM riots were mostly peaceful aren't "my side". I don't agree that they were peaceful. Burning ****, destroying property, and taking **** that doesn't belong to them is violence, not peace. Disagreeing with you on the one point doesn't place me on that side.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Dude, I watched a **** ton of video from 1/6 from sources that Pelosi does not control. There were many people who weren't violent. There were many people who were violent. You have to cherry pick your sources to get the idea that this was not a riot. It wasn't anywhere on the same order of magnitude of a BLM/Antifa riot on any given night during the summer. It WAS a riot.

Being justified or not is not the thing that makes it a riot. BLM's violence not being justified didn't make the classification of riot. You justifying the violence on 1/6 doesn't make it not a riot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom