• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The difference between left wing and right wing violence.....you can see it coming from the left. I mean how hard is it to expect violence from a large crowd?

Right wing violence is usually planned in the basement and carried out like a surprise attack.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I dont think its a reach. I think if someone was coming at you with a flag pole and attempting to cause harm to you with it, you'd shoot the guy because its being used as a weapon.
    You believe what you want to believe, but I'll tell you this, if they was considered a threat with that flagpole, there would have been more protestors than Ashli Babbitt carried out dead on a gurney.

There was no armed insurrection, no matter how much you try to bend, twist and manipulate the facts.

You sir are being a mouth piece for the liberal left and lying main stream media.
    Until you can come up with factual proof of a arrest made of a protester on the grounds of the capitol, all I hear is blah, blah, blah.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This is the way I see it. They did indeed have the right to peacefully assemble at the Capitol. Some of that definitely did not fit the description and if I'm going to be objectively honest then I most certainly would have to view it as such without making excuses like "well BLM and Antifa are allowed to get away with it so I just don't give a damn"

While I do have major concerns about the disparity it is a separate issue that needs to be addressed without justifying giving a green light to commit similar acts that I don't agree with..
    Excuses? Until the law applies to all and not just a handpicked few they can shove it up their asses sideways.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Excuses? Until the law applies to all and not just a handpicked few they can shove it up their asses sideways.
    I take it you are an anarchist? I mean since the history of laws, there have been those to whom it didn't apply.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    You believe what you want to believe, but I'll tell you this, if they was considered a threat with that flagpole, there would have been more protestors than Ashli Babbitt carried out dead on a gurney.

There was no armed insurrection, no matter how much you try to bend, twist and manipulate the facts.

You sir are being a mouth piece for the liberal left and lying main stream media.
    Until you can come up with factual proof of a arrest made of a protester on the grounds of the capitol, all I hear is blah, blah, blah.
    Im a mouth piece for the left, yet ive never voted for a single Dem for president and have donated to every republican presidential candidate since I've been of legal age to vote. Im not manipulating facts in anyway. I said some people were armed, sorry that doesn't fit your agenda. A cop was beat with an American flag, it was used as a weapon. The video has been posted here quite a lot.

I guess some people are so far right that everyone else is the left.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I believe you stated in a previous post that if it wasn’t for the disparity you might possibly agree that some of what took place at the Capitol crossed the line. I’m paraphrasing that but I believe that’s what you said for the most part.

I also said that I have major issues with the disparity but I can separate that issue without condoning the actions of some of those that crossed the line at the Capitol.

Apparently you can’t and that’s why I put the “excuse” line in my post. You just reinforced my reason for doing so by making the excuse all over again.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Calling the disparity in law enforcement and justice an "excuse" is nothing but minimizing a serious problem in this country today.
    I don't really care what it is called - it pisses me off!

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I believe you stated in a previous post that if it wasn’t for the disparity you might possibly agree that some of what took place at the Capitol crossed the line. I’m paraphrasing that but I believe that’s what you said for the most part.

I also said that I have major issues with the disparity but I can separate that issue without condoning the actions of some of those that crossed the line at the Capitol.

Apparently you can’t and that’s why I put the “excuse” line in my post. You just reinforced my reason for doing so by making the excuse all over again.
    It's not an excuse. One law or no law is a requirement for a free society with an ethically acceptable justice system.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The difference between left wing and right wing violence.....you can see it coming from the left. I mean how hard is it to expect violence from a large crowd?

Right wing violence is usually planned in the basement and carried out like a surprise attack.
    If by “basement” you mean “bunker”, yes.

No, seriously, right wing violence tends to be more individual. Left wing violence tends to be more collective.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    This is now all about politics and narrative, nothing more or less. Dems inside the beltway want to keep this albatross around the reps necks as long as possible for their own advantage. Down stream it will be more cash for their friends who pay them to bring them opportunities, and right now this "insurrection" is a gold mine for that. It intimidates opposition.

Always follow the money

For big social/media it's just a near spiritual revival of the dogma they preach every day.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Im a mouth piece for the left, yet ive never voted for a single Dem for president and have donated to every republican presidential candidate since I've been of legal age to vote. Im not manipulating facts in anyway. I said some people were armed, sorry that doesn't fit your agenda. A cop was beat with an American flag, it was used as a weapon. The video has been posted here quite a lot.

I guess some people are so far right that everyone else is the left.
    I guess in that sense everyone who has immediate access to something that can be used as a weapon is armed with something.

You tried to justify calling it an armed insurrection. That’s far from just a few people ising things that aren’t typically weapons as weapons. And fine. The person or two who used a flagpole or two to beat officers with, you can say they were armed if you like, but you better accompany that with what they’re armed with or everyone will think you mean firearms. Say what it is. They were armed with flagpoles. Sounds very menacing when you apply more truth to the statement. Right?

Also it would be intellectually honest to qualify the scale. Instead of defending the outrageous charge that it was an “armed insurrection”, implying they used arms to affect the insurrection, just say it was the one or two people, which appeared to be unrelated to others breaking into the Capitol.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Calling the disparity in law enforcement and justice an "excuse" is nothing but minimizing a serious problem in this country today.
    No. It’s not minimizing the problem. It’s addressing a truth that the two are separate issues. Is the concept that because they did it justifies you doing it? How well did that work out with your parents growing up? I tended to get my ass whooped with a switch regardless of what everyone else was doing. My parents held me to a standard that didn’t change because sometimes other kids get away with it.

Reactions: KG1

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is now all about politics and narrative, nothing more or less. Dems inside the beltway want to keep this albatross around the reps necks as long as possible for their own advantage. Down stream it will be more cash for their friends who pay them to bring them opportunities, and right now this "insurrection" is a gold mine for that. It intimidates opposition.

Always follow the money

For big social/media it's just a near spiritual revival of the dogma they preach every day.
    This is why the “insurrection” was a huge unforced error. One of the excuses I’ve heard for lax security was “right wingers don’t do mob violence. They clean up after their demonstrations.” That reputation got blown to ****. Now everyone on the right has the scorn of even some moderate left.

And it floors me when people claim they actually won something. ****ing blind man.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Where in the hell did I minimize anything? Can you not read the part about having a major problem with it? You all seem to gloss over that part.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's not an excuse. One law or no law is a requirement for a free society with an ethically acceptable justice system.
    My point is that you are making excuses to justify lawlessness. Lawlessness is lawlessness. You're gonna wreak havoc and destroy **** so we're gonna do the same **** too is not an acceptable excuse IMO.

Listen I don't think we are that far apart on the issues. It appeared to me that you were in agreement with the fact that some of what happened at the Capitol crossed the line and I'm pretty confident that we both have a major issue with the disparity in the response.

The only difference is that I can separate the two without justifying further lawlessness.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom