• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I believe you stated in a previous post that if it wasn’t for the disparity you might possibly agree that some of what took place at the Capitol crossed the line. I’m paraphrasing that but I believe that’s what you said for the most part.

I also said that I have major issues with the disparity but I can separate that issue without condoning the actions of some of those that crossed the line at the Capitol.

Apparently you can’t and that’s why I put the “excuse” line in my post. You just reinforced my reason for doing so by making the excuse all over again.
    Could it not be that he sees 'We're Better Than That' for the path to surrender and defeat that it is? That the reflex action to criticize people, who quite likely would agree with you on just about every issue of importance today, more harshly than the forces plotting to tear down the republic seems without purpose beyond demonstrating ones own virtue?

We shall not defeat terrorists like BLM and Antifa by asking them nicely to behave. One wonders if you see Sherman's march to the sea or the firebombing of Tokyo as the necessary bringing of the horrors of war home to the enemy or cases of excess that 'crossed the line' and are thus worthy of condemnation

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Could it not be that he sees 'We're Better Than That' for the path to surrender and defeat that it is? That the reflex action to criticize people, who quite likely would agree with you on just about every issue of importance today, more harshly than the forces plotting to tear down the republic seems without purpose beyond demonstrating ones own virtue?

We shall not defeat terrorists like BLM and Antifa by asking them nicely to behave. One wonders if you see Sherman's march to the sea or the firebombing of Tokyo as the necessary bringing of the horrors of war home to the enemy or cases of excess that 'crossed the line' and are thus worthy of condemnation
    You are sadly mistaken and missing the point if you think that I am surrendering ground and defeating. Let's burn the whole ****ing thing down then until we get equal justice. is that what you want me to say? And once again tell me where I am coddling or condoning the actions of BLM and Antifa? I'm firmly on the side that more action should be taken or maybe you missed that part too.

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Im a mouth piece for the left, yet ive never voted for a single Dem for president and have donated to every republican presidential candidate since I've been of legal age to vote. Im not manipulating facts in anyway. I said some people were armed, sorry that doesn't fit your agenda. A cop was beat with an American flag, it was used as a weapon. The video has been posted here quite a lot.

I guess some people are so far right that everyone else is the left.
    I am not far right by any means.

The liberal media pushed the armed narritive and did so with the intent to make people believe that firearms was present when none was.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You are sadly mistaken and missing the point if you think that I am surrendering ground and defeating. Let's burn the whole ****ing thing down then until we get equal justice. is that what you want me to say? And once again tell me where I am coddling or condoning the actions of BLM and Antifa? I'm firmly on the side that more action should be taken.
    Let's NOT burn the whole thing down, because the alternative seems pretty horrible, requires the existence of an alternate course of action with a realistic possibility of success in order to make any kind of sense. Otherwise it is just accepting defeat
    I would be interested in what alternative course of action you support that offers that meaningful chance of success

Your fears can be used to control you, and if your enemy has no reason to fear you as well, they will never moderate their behavior and be motivated to negotiate an end to the madness. In fact, lack of meaningful fear always leads to greater and greater excesses

The only acceptable response to the threat of lethal violence is immediate and savage counterattack. If you resist, you just may get killed. If you don't resist you almost certainly will get killed. It is a tough choice, but there is only one right answer.

Jeff Cooper

That is no less true today then when he wrote it. You can hope we don't get there, but I would keep my powder dry

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My point is that you are making excuses to justify lawlessness. Lawlessness is lawlessness. You're gonna wreak havoc and destroy **** so we're gonna do the same **** too is not an acceptable excuse IMO.

Listen I don't think we are that far apart on the issues. It appeared to me that you were in agreement with the fact that some of what happened at the Capitol crossed the line and I'm pretty confident that we both have a major issue with the disparity in the response.

The only difference is that I can separate the two without justifying further lawlessness.
    Does finding yourself on the short end of apartheid really appeal to you? That is what two de facto or de jure standards of law will generate.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    My point is that you are making excuses to justify lawlessness. Lawlessness is lawlessness. You're gonna wreak havoc and destroy **** so we're gonna do the same **** too is not an acceptable excuse IMO.

Listen I don't think we are that far apart on the issues. It appeared to me that you were in agreement with the fact that some of what happened at the Capitol crossed the line and I'm pretty confident that we both have a major issue with the disparity in the response.

The only difference is that I can separate the two without justifying further lawlessness.

If lawlessness grants legal benefits to your side, then why exactly should lawlessness not be used?

It's balancing the scales. Until the scales are balanced the power creep is going to eventually end with you getting ushered into train cars.

Can you demonstrate what "being the bigger man" has earned the right? Because from my perspective, it appears it has cost us almost everything.

Potentially could have put hillary in jail along with many other radicals, but the right decided to "be the bigger man." Meanwhile multiple criminal cases are being filed against Trump and other people right of center. They most certainly have no interest in being the bigger man, and there's no political or social benefit for doing so, apparently.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Let's NOT burn the whole thing down, because the alternative seems pretty horrible, requires the existence of an alternate course of action with a realistic possibility of success in order to make any kind of sense. Otherwise it is just accepting defeat
    I would be interested in what alternative course of action you support that offers that meaningful chance of success

Your fears can be used to control you, and if your enemy has no reason to fear you as well, they will never moderate their behavior and be motivated to negotiate an end to the madness. In fact, lack of meaningful fear always leads to greater and greater excesses

"The only acceptable response to the threat of lethal violence is immediate and savage counterattack. If you resist, you just may get killed. If you don't resist you almost certainly will get killed. It is a tough choice, but there is only one right answer."

Jeff Cooper

That is no less true today then when he wrote it. You can hope we don't get there, but I would keep my powder dry

When I grow up I wanna be able to say stuff that well. :yesway:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If lawlessness grants legal benefits to your side, then why exactly should lawlessness not be used?

It's balancing the scales. Until the scales are balanced the power creep is going to eventually end with you getting ushered into train cars.

Can you demonstrate what "being the bigger man" has earned the right? Because from my perspective, it appears it has cost us almost everything.

Potentially could have put hillary in jail along with many other radicals, but the right decided to "be the bigger man." Meanwhile multiple criminal cases are being filed against Trump and other people right of center. They most certainly have no interest in being the bigger man, and there's no political or social benefit for doing so, apparently.
    Very true. Historiczlly, the communist plan explicitly called for bull****ting us into believing this "bigger man" nonsense from the individual level up to unilateral nuclear disarmament in the name of the moral high ground. Its a bunch of ****. We need to recognize it as such.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I just wanna know one thing. When are all of you big talkers gonna turn that gum flapping into acts of lawlessness? What are you waiting for?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You are sadly mistaken and missing the point if you think that I am surrendering ground and defeating. Let's burn the whole ****ing thing down then until we get equal justice. is that what you want me to say? And once again tell me where I am coddling or condoning the actions of BLM and Antifa? I'm firmly on the side that more action should be taken or maybe you missed that part too.
    Binary thinking tends to pigeon hole ideas. If yours doesn't go in this one it must go in the other one.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    As a fed, do you still get those stimulus checks?
    Maybe you should ask Tombs the same thing. He’s the one constantly flapping his gums about the time for talking is over and if lawlessness is what it takes then that’s what it takes. How do I know he’s not a fed trying to incite lawlessness?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Maybe you should ask Tombs the same thing. He’s the one constantly flapping his gums about the time for talking is over and if lawlessness is what it takes then that’s what it takes. How do I know he’s not a fed trying to incite lawlessness?

How do you propose anyone right of mao attains political power at this point?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How do you propose anyone right of mao attains political power at this point?
    Maybe your perception isn't quite as real as you think. Have you gone to the town square, rifle in hand, and no one else is there? Maybe it's not time yet.

Reactions: KG1
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom