• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, yeah. But if Que told a member they were free to speak their minds and wouldn't get banned, and then he banned her anyway, that kinda goes beyond just heavy handed to keep order. I didn't see that thread. So I really can't comment on it any more than that. All I can say is that my own interactions with Que were few, but respectable.
    I remember that.

I also remember making a post myself at one time that in retrospect was kind of, shall we say, questionable. One of the moderators quoted it, and said that although it was within the rules he did find it distasteful or something to that effect (it's been a long time, I don't remember for sure the exact words or which moderator it was), and Que came along, deleted my post, deleted the other mod's post (or it disappeared some other way), and issued me an infraction.

I've had no use for him since. Or that other guy, whose name started with Paul. I couldn't stomach him either, and actually quit being a site supporter as long as he was around. Well, he's gone and I'm back to being a site supporter.

INGO is a better place without a lot of those older posters.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I remember that.

I also remember making a post myself at one time that in retrospect was kind of, shall we say, questionable. One of the moderators quoted it, and said that although it was within the rules he did find it distasteful or something to that effect (it's been a long time, I don't remember for sure the exact words or which moderator it was), and Que came along, deleted my post, deleted the other mod's post (or it disappeared some other way), and issued me an infraction.

I've had no use for him since. Or that other guy, whose name started with Paul. I couldn't stomach him either, and actually quit being a site supporter as long as he was around. Well, he's gone and I'm back to being a site supporter.

Yeah, that's ******. It's important that mods use objective standards to enforce rules. When you have one mod enforcing one standard and then another mod overriding that and enforcing another, it makes people not trust the mods.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    There was a time very early on the Ingo was insane at times and a lot of people ran amok at will. The staff had to be very aggressive or Ingo would have imploded. Soooooo many fell under the hammer for non-compliance and "My 1st A rights"
    Which do not exist in a private forum. It was nuts. So the staff had a well deserved rep for being heavy handed that carried over a bit into more even keeled times. None of those guys are here anymore. By design.
    There was some craziness back then for sure and some really nasty members. People would gang up on members and even go as far as finding a way to get their service records and other nonsense.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I remember that.

I always liked PaulF (he and I disagreed on many things but could discuss them civilly), but the "infraction" he gave me never did sit well with me. As someone who sincerely endeavors to act civilly, stay within the rules, and not give moderators grief, I've always hated that I have a "black mark" (however inconsequential), and take it somewhat as a personal affront.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I always liked PaulF (he and I disagreed on many things but could discuss them civilly), but the "infraction" he gave me never did sit well with me. As someone who sincerely endeavors to act civilly, stay within the rules, and not give moderators grief, I've always hated that I have a "black mark" (however inconsequential), and take it somewhat as a personal affront.
    You got an infraction? I can’t imagine you saying anything “infractive”.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I
    Guess it's that 3rd point I haven't mastered

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I
    He certainly is not confused when it comes to gender.

There are two; male and female.

For folks that cannot figure out which they are, I have a simple diagram to help.
    Hope it's not 2 circles with appendages.

I always struggle with that

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Agreed. I got a ******** infraction for posting a picture of the flying spaghetti monster (because it constituted a "religious" post, back when they were not allowed).

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I remember that.

Two kinds of INGO members. Those that have and those that will. I detect few potential Robert E Lees herein

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom