• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scoutmom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    Attending

I would like to attend and may bring some friends with me. One has a gun and one does not. Can you please send me the address. Thanks:)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    I'm planning on coming, i don't know which handgun to bring. Tyler has his full size M&P and Sig Pro 2022 but also a small Keltech PF9. I don't currently carry but am starting to think about it. I don't know which I would carry but maybe the keltech since it's smaller. I am concerned about the PF9's recoil.

Which do you think I should bring to the class?

Once I figure out what I like and am conformable, then we're going to get me my own handgun. I don't shoot handguns that often so this class will be a good learning experience for me.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I'm planning on coming, i don't know which handgun to bring. Tyler has his full size M&P and Sig Pro 2022 but also a small Keltech PF9. I don't currently carry but am starting to think about it. I don't know which I would carry but maybe the keltech since it's smaller. I am concerned about the PF9's recoil.

Which do you think I should bring to the class?

Once I figure out what I like and am conformable, then we're going to get me my own handgun. I don't shoot handguns that often so this class will be a good learning experience for me.

The S&W M&P will probably be the best to shoot that day! you could then get a gun that would fit you latter, Remember the lighter the gun the more felt recoil, and the M&P has no external safety's or decockers to worry about, You could always buy one that fits you later on! Plus I will have some of my guns there and you would be more than welcome to shoot them! :D

Scoutmom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    My daughter is interested in coming if her college homework isn't to heavy this weekend. Does she have to be 21 to attend?

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    My daughter is interested in coming if her college homework isn't to heavy this weekend. Does she have to be 21 to attend?

She can attend as long as she is 18 years of age!

Will a shoulder holster work for this event?

No it will not! She will be pointing a loaded gun at people behind her (me) and or the other people in the line! Belt and a Outside the waist band holster only! Leather is preferred as is a kydex or other versions of Kydex! No flimsy nylon holsters that do not fit the gun tight or the belt tightly! they allow the holster to ride up with the draw! Hope that helps! :D

murph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Lawrence County
    I would like to attend! Also to bring my sister. I've personally had a moment where I had to realize what I would actually do in a situation where some stranger was asleep on my couch haha. Apparently my kneejerk reaction is to scream at the person then run to my 12 gauge THEN call the police lol. I would prefer to have a good, controlled reaction if something happened outside the home! Thanks for having this because I'm looking forward to it!!

Desdinova

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Austin
    If I can ever get the wifey over her handgun issues, I'd love to see her take one of these courses. How often are they held?

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    If I can ever get the wifey over her handgun issues, I'd love to see her take one of these courses. How often are they held?

We had one the first weekend in June last year. So these are not held very often. Bring your wife and she can do whatever she feels comfortable with. The instructor HandK and his son are very compassionate when it comes to women being uncomfortable around guns. Last time we had an older lady that was completely new to guns and by the end of the day she was comfortable with them and talking about what gun she wanted to purchase. If your wife is ever asked to do something she is not comfortable with she can just pass. This is a very relaxed atmosphere. I'd encourage her to come to the training and see what it's about.

She can get on here and ask any of us any questions she may have before hand to if that would help. :)

Desdinova

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Austin
    We had one the first weekend in June last year. So these are not held very often. Bring your wife and she can do whatever she feels comfortable with. The instructor HandK and his son are very compassionate when it comes to women being uncomfortable around guns. Last time we had an older lady that was completely new to guns and by the end of the day she was comfortable with them and talking about what gun she wanted to purchase. If your wife is ever asked to do something she is not comfortable with she can just pass. This is a very relaxed atmosphere. I'd encourage her to come to the training and see what it's about.

She can get on here and ask any of us any questions she may have before hand to if that would help. :)

I'm definately going to talk to her about it. A bit of a drive for us, but if it gets her more comfortable with handguns and helps her get over her problem with them, it'd be worth way more than the cost of the trip.

Top Bottom