• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Thank You, My wife learned allot and more important she feels more comfortable. This makes me fell allot more comefortable. As a shop owner I now feel better about my wife being there.
    Thank You,
    Walt

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    I wanted to say thank you to all the ladies that came out. All 37 of you!!!!! To Gary and Jeff thank you both so much from taking the time away from your families driving all the way down here, and teaching everyone valuable life saving abilities. You guys are awesome! Thanks again to those that helped on the line and behind the line loading and fixing gun issues. Thank you to Shadow for opening up the club for us it's beautiful down there for sure.

As I was walking around I heard so much good feedback. The greatest things I heard was "I feel empowered", "I'm not scared of my gun", "I feel much more confident in myself" just to name a few I overheard. This makes me so happy. Not only did you ladies get great training but a confidence boost as well. This was my goal!!!! So, again thank you all for coming out. It was a great day!!!! I will get pictures up here in a little while.

ilovemyjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    ladies training

What an amazing day. What an amazing experience. Amazing instruction from Handk and his guys And What an amazing group of women!!! When you think of what we accomplished....some going from never having shot a gun.... to shooting with confidence and even enjoying it. I looked around the group and everywhere I looked there were smiles!

1. who knew I could use my shoe to rack the slide? !
    2. I wasn't expecting so much encouragement from the guys. That was great.
    3. More confident and comfortable being in a group of people all wearing guns and actually wearing mine!

just thinking about the weekend, I am sitting here with a big smile on my face!!!
    A huge Thank you IJW, and Handk and your guys.

Buck69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What a great experience. Usually classes like that intimidate me but the guys made me feel very comfortable. I feel much more confident carring my gun, great pointers to fend off attackers. I really learned a lot but I think the most important point was that your index finger autamatically knows where center mass is and you can rely on it to aim. Before I got really hung up on the aiming part of shooting.

dobeluvr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    To the ladies that attended (I heard there were over 30 of you! :yesway:), could you answer a few questions regarding the training?
    1. What was the most interesting thing you learned in the class?

2. Were any of your preconceived notions proven unfounded? If so, what were they?

3. How would you rate your current comfort level with handguns when compared with the level prior to class?

Answers by Mrs dobeluvr.
    1) using only one hand to unholster, fire, drop mag, install new mag and operate the slide then reholster
    2)Having very limited experience I was worried about not being able to do the things in class that they wanted (such as #1), but with their patience and guidance I learned I was more than capable of performing required tasks
    3)Prior to class I was not very comfortable and was terrified of taking the class, but after the class I have the confidence that I can safely use the gun and attend more training.

I had fun and learned alot. Thank-you to everyone.
    signed mrs. dobeluvr

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I would like to thank everyone that attended this weekend for cleaning up so well! :thumbsup:

A special thanks needs to be said to Shadow for taking our trash to disposal, the club does not have trash service we the members are required to take out what we bring in. He took a pickup bed full home with him last night after our monthly meeting.

I had a great time, I'm very happy you all did too! :ingo:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I would like to thank everyone that attended this weekend for cleaning up so well! :thumbsup:

A special thanks needs to be said to Shadow for taking our trash to disposal, the club does not have trash service we the members are required to take out what we bring in. He took a pickup bed full home with him last night after our monthly meeting.

I had a great time, I'm very happy you all did too! :ingo:

Yes!! A big thank you to you and Shadow!! for cleaning up after us!! and for all you both did to make this event run smoothly!! It would not have been possible to have it if not for Shadow and you!! Thank you both so much! I am honored to call you two and so many other P-Dubs my friends! :rockwoot::D

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Pics
    Ladies Training II pictures by kbtooke - Photobucket
    Having trouble with videos so I'll try those later.

Here is a link to the videos from the training that I took. ... some of them are more 'fragments' as the camera was not really cooperating at times.
    (ok, it was probably operator error, but I don't accept that)

I didn't intentionally try to leave anyone out,
    but I was focusing mainly on the women I know and/or have met before.
    and this includes the entire bowling pin match - won by Pamcakes. Enjoy.

INS-LT II - 2012-0922 pictures by bslikeiii - Photobucket

Noisy Cricket

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Thanks!!

Here is a link to the videos from the training that I took. ... some of them are more 'fragments' as the camera was not really cooperating at times.
    (ok, it was probably operator error, but I don't accept that)

I didn't intentionally try to leave anyone out,
    but I was focusing mainly on the women I know and/or have met before.
    and this includes the entire bowling pin match - won by Pamcakes. Enjoy.

INS-LT II - 2012-0922 pictures by bslikeiii - Photobucket

Top Bottom