• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    I have been working on setting up another ladies training session with our very own HandK. It will be located at Paragon Conservation Club on September 22nd. More details to come later.

Paragon Conservation Club
    4350 N. Bryants Creek Rd.
    Gosport, IN 47433

September 22nd, 2012
    9 A.M start time

Bring your own lunch and drinks. I also suggest a chair.

Things you will need:

• handgun
    • outside waist band holster (preferably kydex)
    • mag holster
    • 500 rounds of ammo
    • eye and ear protection

Last edited by a moderator:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    :rockwoot: Yes, more ladies training with the ledgendary HandK :rockwoot: I will definately keep that date open. Thanks IJW for putting this together and HandK for doing this for the ladies. :D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I'm in!! oh wait!!:D tagged so I can keep up with the thread! ;)

Also this will be Free to the ladies! as in no cost for the training, all you will need is a suitable gun an outside the waist band good holster! ( by good I meen leather or kydex, a holster that Will hold the gun tight into the body and not rise when drawing the weapon like nylon ones do) and 500 rounds of ammo for the gun!

It does not matter where you are in experience you will do just fine in the defensive pistol class! any questions feel free to ask me or beth.

Thank you, Gary:D

Because it will more than likely come up at some point my qualifications are as follows

21 years on the police Department the last 14 years as the training officer/Firearms Instructor
    Certified By Michigan State Police as a pistol, Shotgun & patrol rifle Instructor
    Certified by the NRA as a Police Firearms pistol and shotgun Instructor
    Certified by the Ohio Law Enforcement Training Council as a Tactical Pistol tactical Shotgun Instructor
    NRA certified as a Personal protection in the home and pistol Instructor
    MCOLES Certified pistol riffle and shotgun Instructor
    Oakland County Police Academy Certified Police Pistol Instructor
    MCOLES Certified Chemical Munitions Instructor
    Ohio Law Enforcement Training Council Certified in law, liability and Policy writing
    Taser INC certified Taser Instructor

Last edited:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Here are the ladies that were at the first one!

DSC05967.jpg

And the bad guys!! they didn't make it outta there alive!! :D

DSC05962.jpg

And the Men folk getting lunch ready for the gals!! :D

DSC05964.jpg

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Ladies...

Please give me some points that I could use to urge OkieGirl to drive down from Indy for the training...

The last training was so much fun. It was in a very relaxed atmosphere. You never felt pressured to do more than you were comfortable with. There were ladies of all ages and levels of experience. The guys that were there stayed behind the scenes, were very supportive and helpful with questions and figuring out malfunction problems. It's a very unique experience, one I would almost bet the farm she would not regret coming to. Besides, September weather has to win out over the 106 degree June weather we had last time. :D

Have her chat with a few of us who were there last time and we'll convence her. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    The last training was so much fun. It was in a very relaxed atmosphere. You never felt pressured to do more than you were comfortable with. There were ladies of all ages and levels of experience. The guys that were there stayed behind the scenes, were very supportive and helpful with questions and figuring out malfunction problems. It's a very unique experience, one I would almost bet the farm she would not regret coming to. Besides, September weather has to win out over the 106 degree June weather we had last time. :D

Have her chat with a few of us who were there last time and we'll convence her. :thumbsup:

this for sure! We had an older lady last time who was a total noob with guns and was scared. By the end of the training she said she hadn't had that much fun in a long time, and she was no longer afraid. She felt very confident that she could protect herself and others if necessary. No matter what your level you are at you WILL learn something.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World

I will load mags for PIE!!!!!!!:D

:stickpoke:

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    126 S Cherry Street
    Martinsville, IN 46151-1971
    I believe it's really close to Paragon though. I'll see if I can get my guy to post more details.
    Hello ijw and every one else. The addy you have is for the treasurer. The Club its self is out of Paragon on N. Bryants Creek Rd . If your looking on your GPS on your phone ,find N Bryants Creek Rd and then look for Paragon Lake ,you will see a driveway going to the lake --that is the PCC Land.

Top Bottom