• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnsmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    My wife and I are planning to attend. From what I remember from last year, husbands, boyfriends, and male partners did not create any problems, nor do I anticipate any this year. I am a little concerned, however, that our presence may disturb some. If we are not welcome, please advise and my wife and I will just stay home. It is a long drive and neither she nor I want her going by herself.

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    :+1::+1::+1::yesway:
    Yes, and I think that's part of the problem. It kinda defeats the purpose of having it "ladies" only when there are a bunch of men in the vicinity. Granted, I'm not aware of the set-up and of course, if there's sufficient distance between where the women will be shooting and where the men with be jaw-jacking, I don't think anybody is really going to mind. Out of sight would be better though. As I said before, most women who find a ladies only event desirable do so because they don't want to be watched by the men. It makes us feel self-conscious and uncomfortable.

I trust your judgement. :yesway: I also know you know what I'm talking about. But I was repped for the first post so there are women who at least on some level are a bit apprehensive or "concerned" with the potential proximity of the guys. I would hate for anyone to change her mind about showing up because she saw all the "yeah, bring your menfolk, they can just sit around and watch" posts and then decided she wouldn't be comfortable.

I won't say anything more about it. I just wanted to make sure it was brought to the table.

Me and my 15 lbs of grass-fed ground beef will be there bright and early. (Which reminds me, I should probably procur a cooler of sorts to carry it all it. I don't think mine is gonna be big enough.

:+1:
    My thoughts exactly. If I seen a men only class ...guarantee I wouldn't be hanging out.

gels

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Ironjaw's Wife, I have not made enough posts to respond to your PM but I will be there September 22nd. About how many rounds do you think will be enough? Thanks.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My wife and I are planning to attend. From what I remember from last year, husbands, boyfriends, and male partners did not create any problems, nor do I anticipate any this year. I am a little concerned, however, that our presence may disturb some. If we are not welcome, please advise and my wife and I will just stay home. It is a long drive and neither she nor I want her going by herself.

I would hate for her not to come. And I see no reason why she (and you) shouldn't. I didn't ask this question to cause problems, only to confirm that there will be a recognizable do-not-cross line to keep the LADIES ONLY part of the shooting truly LADIES ONLY.

It's not about the men being there, for the most part. And I don't think anyone thinks they'll "cause problems." But I do know there are a few ladies who have concerns about just how close they are going to be as being WATCHED is what they (the ladies) are uncomfortable with. For these ladies, I wanted to make sure that they knew that despite the presence of men on site, they wouldn't have to worry about being the fish in the proverbial fish bowl.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    I would hate for her not to come. And I see no reason why she (and you) shouldn't. I didn't ask this question to cause problems, only to confirm that there will be a recognizable do-not-cross line to keep the LADIES ONLY part of the shooting truly LADIES ONLY.

It's not about the men being there, for the most part. And I don't think anyone thinks they'll "cause problems." But I do know there are a few ladies who have concerns about just how close they are going to be as being WATCHED is what they (the ladies) are uncomfortable with. For these ladies, I wanted to make sure that they knew that despite the presence of men on site, they wouldn't have to worry about being the fish in the proverbial fish bowl.

I hope that this is going to be a non issue. As it wasn't at the last shoot. Gary is great at making who is suppose to be on the line known. Maybe they should bring a cornhole board or something to pass their time. I never felt that I was being stared at. Except by Gary and Jeff and trust me they are great at catching the little details. I know there are ladies out there who don't like to drive (ME) and their husbands will be the ones to drive. There is nothing wrong with this and we welcome you both. If I can answer anyone's questions or put their mind at ease please send me a pm. If you are new and don't have the post count just post up in this thread and I'll send you my phone number or email. I hope this helps.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I hope this post will put all the worries to rest!! Forgive me if it comes of as brash or harsh. I do not intend for it to be taken that way!

First let me say this has never been an issue in the bast! Second this is not your event!! it is an event put on for you ladies! as such it takes alot of work to set up and keep things running, providing the venue and such! and because of the stink that has been raised some of the people I hold as close friends and a big help are dropping out! and will not be there to help me and IJW make this event possible for you ladies!

I am not capable nor will I be able to do it all by myself!! This event is being provided for you ladies for free!! that does not meen invaluable!! The training can make the difference between living and dyeing in a life and death situation!

This will cost me personally about $500.00 bucks to do this!! Gas, food, hotel for two nights, targets, and my ammo that I use. I do not bring this up as to having anyone help pay for anything! I think this training is that important and is more valuable than money alone! It is free for all who wish to take part, and I am more than happy to provide it at no cost! If someone is uneasy about there being anyone else around then I invite them to get together with a trainer and pay for some one on one training where you can dictate who will be around when you shoot!(in a real shooting you won't be able to pick and choose who is there) Like I said this event is being put on for you!! not you in charge of it!! That is left up to me!

Again I say this has always been a non issue!! this is the first time I have ever had this much drama over a class! If you are concerned about anything please feel free to PM me and I will provide you with my Cell phone number and we can discuss your concerns about it! I do want every one to feel like they belong there!!

Again this whole event centers around people (men) putting this on for the ladies! If those that are there to support this event and me are not there then nether will I! I can not do it all by myself! and the bickering is starting to run them off! I want every one to feel welcome including the ones that are there to help out!

Thank you, HandK

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    :+1::+1::+1::yesway:

:+1:
    My thoughts exactly. If I seen a men only class ...guarantee I wouldn't be hanging out.
    While i agree with feeling more comfortable at a "ladies only"event, I have a feeling, from what I have read here, that the men accompanying the ladies to this event will respect the purpose for the day and will pretty much stay out of the way. I also have a feeling that, should anyone behave in an untoward or disrespectful manner, that others there will quickly fix the situation. This isn't quits like an "open to the general public" event where BillyJoe RayBob and his beer-swilling cohorts would show up just to taunt the "little women lernin ta shoot"... I am very appreciative of the opportunity to learn from ones who have Been There, Done That...

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I hope this post will put all the worries to rest!! Forgive me if it comes of as brash or harsh. I do not intend for it to be taken that way!

First let me say this has never been an issue in the bast! Second this is not your event!! it is an event put on for you ladies! as such it takes alot of work to set up and keep things running, providing the venue and such! and because of the stink that has been raised some of the people I hold as close friends and a big help are dropping out! and will not be there to help me and IJW make this event possible for you ladies!

I am not capable nor will I be able to do it all by myself!! This event is being provided for you ladies for free!! that does not meen invaluable!! The training can make the difference between living and dyeing in a life and death situation!

This will cost me personally about $500.00 bucks to do this!! Gas, food, hotel for two nights, targets, and my ammo that I use. I do not bring this up as to having anyone help pay for anything! I think this training is that important and is more valuable than money alone! It is free for all who wish to take part, and I am more than happy to provide it at no cost! If someone is uneasy about there being anyone else around then I invite them to get together with a trainer and pay for some one on one training where you can dictate who will be around when you shoot!(in a real shooting you won't be able to pick and choose who is there) Like I said this event is being put on for you!! not you in charge of it!! That is left up to me!

Again I say this has always been a non issue!! this is the first time I have ever had this much drama over a class! If you are concerned about anything please feel free to PM me and I will provide you with my Cell phone number and we can discuss your concerns about it! I do want every one to feel like they belong there!!

Again this whole event centers around people (men) putting this on for the ladies! If those that are there to support this event and me are not there then nether will I! I can not do it all by myself! and the bickering is starting to run them off! I want every one to feel welcome including the ones that are there to help out!

Thank you, HandK

Quoted for this page! :D

Scoutmom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    Thank you for being willing to give of you time, treasure, and talent for this event. My friend, daughter and I are looking forward to this and appreciate all you and your friends are doing to put this on.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    FTR, the only drama and bickering--until it was started up thread about four posts ago--was a bunch of bellyaching by people in a completely different thread in a completely different forum.

Y'all have fun.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    FTR, the only drama and bickering--until it was started up thread about four posts ago--was a bunch of bellyaching by people in a completely different thread in a completely different forum.

Y'all have fun.

Umm no! FTR I have not even seen anything from over there! And I am sorry that you feel the need to no longer participate! It will be a great time for the ladies to learn and have fun doing it! :D

browncofiddler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Brown County
    I feel like I started this stink with my question, for that I apologize. My husband wants to come with me because he's genuinely interested, wants to help out, meet new people and to simply accompany me. He came with me to an Appleseed, did not participate but enjoyed going so much. All of the people we met there were wonderful. Maybe one time soon he'll participate too.

I want to send a HUGE thanks to HandK and Iron Jaw's Wife for working so hard, donating their time, talent & personal funds to put on this instruction for the ladies. I never thought such an opportunity would present itself and their generosity is appreciated so much. I know nothing about hand guns and am really looking forward to learning as much as possible at this shoot. And, as HandK points out, this instruction may at any time be life saving.

See you there! :draw:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I feel like I started this stink with my question, for that I apologize. My husband wants to come with me because he's genuinely interested, wants to help out, meet new people and to simply accompany me. He came with me to an Appleseed, did not participate but enjoyed going so much. All of the people we met there were wonderful. Maybe one time soon he'll participate too.

I want to send a HUGE thanks to HandK and Iron Jaw's Wife for working so hard, donating their time, talent & personal funds to put on this instruction for the ladies. I never thought such an opportunity would present itself and their generosity is appreciated so much. I know nothing about hand guns and am really looking forward to learning as much as possible at this shoot. And, as HandK points out, this instruction may at any time be life saving.

See you there! :draw:

No apologies necessary! ;) Looking forward to seeing you all there! :D

Top Bottom