• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deanc24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2012
    What time is the training to start on 9-22? Wife is interested in attending. Fingerprinting appointment is setup for August 11th. Hope everything is done in time. Will need to purchase everything in time too.

(p.s. - this is my first post! yay!)

Hickory

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    Gibson county
    Training

My wife and daughter are both planning on attending. I will accompany them and will help out in any way I can.
    Will we need to bring something to eat?
    Looks like it could go pretty long with the number that say they are going to attend.

Hickory

Hickory

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    Gibson county
    Ammo

Handk, I saw that you posted to bring 500 rds. of ammo. Is that for each caliber gun? I was wanting to bring several different guns so my wife would hopefully find one that suits her.
    Hickory

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    My wife and daughter are both planning on attending. I will accompany them and will help out in any way I can.
    Will we need to bring something to eat?
    Looks like it could go pretty long with the number that say they are going to attend.

Hickory

Look for a pitch in thread coming later today.

As for your question about ammo, I will direct HandK to this thread so he can answer.

browncofiddler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Brown County
    Just askin'.... I'm signed up for this training and am REALLY looking forward to it!! I know it's for women only and want to know if we're supposed to come alone or can my husband tag along but not participate??? He just wants to come with me - is that OK??

Also, in skimming the thread there was some mention of finger printing?? I have a lifetime LTC so is that all I need??

Wanted to make sure I have everything needed to participate. Thanks.

*I apologize if the answers to my questions are stated somewhere in these 13 pages. I looked (skimmed) the comments and may have missed this info.

Last edited:

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    Just askin'.... I'm signed up for this training and am REALLY looking forward to it!! I know it's for women only and want to know if we're supposed to come alone or can my husband tag along but not participate??? He just wants to come with me - is that OK??

Also, in skimming the thread there was some mention of finger printing?? I have a lifetime LTC so is that all I need??

*I apologize if the answers to my questions are stated somewhere in these 13 pages. I looked (skimmed) the comments and may have missed this info.
    1st question) Your husband is more then welcome to tag along ---we can put him to work :D .
    2nd question ) I believe nothing is required

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Handk, I saw that you posted to bring 500 rds. of ammo. Is that for each caliber gun? I was wanting to bring several different guns so my wife would hopefully find one that suits her.
    Hickory

If she plans on shooting the whole day and does not know which gun she will be using then the short answer is yes! you can PM me if you have any further questions or if you wish to talk about what caliber of gun I would recommend for the class! :D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

1st question) Your husband is more then welcome to tag along ---we can put him to work :D .
    2nd question ) I believe nothing is required

What Shadow said!! :rockwoot::D

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Disclaimer: I don't care a whit whether the menfolk show up or not.

For the sake of those for whom the idea of a LADIES' ONLY TRAINING is appealing precisely because of the lack of men, you do plan on segregating the menfolk away from the shooting events, yes?

For those gals who want it to be ladies' only, I would venture to say it's not a question of whether the men are participating, but whether or not they are present. Most of the discomfort around men likely comes from the idea of being watched by them, not from "competing" with them.

udchemist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    great! i will try to make it - about a 2.5hr drive for me! May bring along a friend (she is just getting interested in guns) :) Thanks!!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Disclaimer: I don't care a whit whether the menfolk show up or not.

For the sake of those for whom the idea of a LADIES' ONLY TRAINING is appealing precisely because of the lack of men, you do plan on segregating the menfolk away from the shooting events, yes?

For those gals who want it to be ladies' only, I would venture to say it's not a question of whether the men are participating, but whether or not they are present. Most of the discomfort around men likely comes from the idea of being watched by them, not from "competing" with them.

The men will not be on the line!! they are going to get lunch around for the ladies, fill mags when needed! and such, they are more than welcome to bring chairs and sit back away from the line and watch! :D

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    At the last one the men sat in their chairs and **** chatted. If they become a pain in the butt I will make them take a walk. I don't see that it will be a problem.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The men will not be on the line!! they are going to get lunch around for the ladies, fill mags when needed! and such, they are more than welcome to bring chairs and sit back away from the line and watch! :D
    Yes, and I think that's part of the problem. It kinda defeats the purpose of having it "ladies" only when there are a bunch of men in the vicinity. Granted, I'm not aware of the set-up and of course, if there's sufficient distance between where the women will be shooting and where the men with be jaw-jacking, I don't think anybody is really going to mind. Out of sight would be better though. As I said before, most women who find a ladies only event desirable do so because they don't want to be watched by the men. It makes us feel self-conscious and uncomfortable.

At the last one the men sat in their chairs and **** chatted. If they become a pain in the butt I will make them take a walk. I don't see that it will be a problem.

I trust your judgement. :yesway: I also know you know what I'm talking about. But I was repped for the first post so there are women who at least on some level are a bit apprehensive or "concerned" with the potential proximity of the guys. I would hate for anyone to change her mind about showing up because she saw all the "yeah, bring your menfolk, they can just sit around and watch" posts and then decided she wouldn't be comfortable.

I won't say anything more about it. I just wanted to make sure it was brought to the table.

Me and my 15 lbs of grass-fed ground beef will be there bright and early. (Which reminds me, I should probably procur a cooler of sorts to carry it all it. I don't think mine is gonna be big enough.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Quite unforrunately I will not be able to attend this, like I originally hoped.
    I just have to much other stuff going on this month. Hopefully next time!

And it has nothing to do with the men being around, that wouldn't bother me. (a lot, at least)

You ladies that are attending, havw fun and I look forward to your AAR's!

Scoutmom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    I may have missed it earlier, but what is the address of this training? Does it show up with GPS"s. I'm coming from North of Indy and my daughter will be coming from Terre Haute. Thanks

HotPocket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    With Daddy
    I may have missed it earlier, but what is the address of this training? Does it show up with GPS"s. I'm coming from North of Indy and my daughter will be coming from Terre Haute. Thanks

4350 N Bryants Creek Road
    Gosport, IN 47433

This should take ya right to it ;)

Top Bottom