L.T.C.H. or PERMIT....... Doesn't matter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    License/Permit
    Magazine/Clip
    Cartridge/Bullets

Really only matters when taking a basic NRA course or INGO. Otherwise most people can figure out what we are trying to convey.

Edit: It does bother me when ignorant politicians use the wrong terminology. But when talking about legislation proper terminology seems more important.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    License/Permit
    Magazine/Clip
    Cartridge/Bullets

Really only matters when taking a basic NRA course or INGO. Otherwise most people can figure out what we are trying to convey.

Edit: It does bother me when ignorant politicians use the wrong terminology. But when talking about legislation proper terminology seems more important.

What? You mean "the shoulder thing that goes up" isn't descriptive enough?

StunnedMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Whenever I hear someone refer to a tissue as "Kleenex" (when it's obviously a "Puffs") I scold them mercilessly until they admit their error. They love that.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Perhaps had more pressing things on his mind vs. wasting air time arguing semantics. If you have 5 minutes to say something, are you going to correct something that really isn't the issue, or are you going to talk about the issue?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Perhaps had more pressing things on his mind vs. wasting air time arguing semantics. If you have 5 minutes to say something, are you going to correct something that really isn't the issue, or are you going to talk about the issue?

How dare you introduce logic to this forum. Now I wonder if my wife brought home any "Coke" from the store. I am not real picky about what brand or flavor it is I just enjoy a pop every now and then.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    How dare you introduce logic to this forum. Now I wonder if my wife brought home any "Coke" from the store. I am not real picky about what brand or flavor it is I just enjoy a pop every now and then.
    I must be the only born and raised hoosier that drinks Soda... ;)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have lived all several places and have .. heard and called it Soda, Pop, Soda Pop, & Sugar Pop.

What are you a terminology nazi? Geez lay off :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In some parts of the country EVERY 'soft' beverage is a 'coke' and a pop is what you give someone who talks bad about your mother.

But, do you really think you'd be all that upset if your wife went to get a carry permit and she came home with a license? OMG! Call the statehouse!

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Whatever it is, clearly you need permission so it's not a right.

Also: Pop. Wash (not warsh). Garbage is a subset of trash. 45 kills better. 22 won't kill at 10 feet. Glock of any caliber will kill at 2 miles. OC is for ego maniacs. CC is for pussies.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Whatever it is, clearly you need permission so it's not a right.

Also: Pop. Wash (not warsh). Garbage is a subset of trash. 45 kills better. 22 won't kill at 10 feet. Glock of any caliber will kill at 2 miles. OC is for ego maniacs. CC is for pussies.

Somebody has to use this for a sig.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    As long as the word "concealed" isn't a part of the "name," I don't care. Call it a CWP (concealed weapons permit) or CWL (concealed weapons license) and I will politely correct you. Calling something what it's not only misleads people to think one way or the other. In this case, having "concealed" anywhere in the name mistakenly leads unknowing people to believe that it is a "Conceal Only" license.

ShootnCut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Indiana
    Since it's kind of a boring day I thought I'd jump on and see what kind of trouble I could stir up. So here goes.

I've had my "concealed weapons permit" for over 33 years.
    Open carry is for attention starved Rambos.
    Concealed carry is for mature responsible adults who don't feel they have anything to prove.

Now, before the inevitable "keyboard kommando assault" begins, might I suggest you take the "clip" out of your gun and remove the "bullets" so you don't shoot yourself in the foot during the upcoming hissy fit.
    Also, grab a "kleenex" or "warsh rag", wipe the tears from your eyes, and put a "band aid" on your bruised ego.
    And to quote Eddie Murphy......."Have a Coke and a smile and STFU."

Top Bottom