L.T.C.H. or PERMIT....... Doesn't matter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    This afternoon, at or about 5:56 pm I heard Guy Redford on the radio. The interviewer had referenced our sacred "License To Carry Handgun" more than once as "Permit"....... Redford went on to explain the subject at hand as if it "weren't nu-thin but a thing". I therefore proclaim that it INDEED ain't nu-thin but a thing, by the authority of the INGO hero Guy Redford.

LTCH, Permit, Ticket, Pink-slip, Permission, or note from Epstein's Mother, it all means All the same thing. Anal gunnurds are toasted, BANNED from making an issue out of this until rescinded by Guy himself. The "Clip VS Magazine thing is still available for your enjoyment..... At least until I hear an INGO expert on firearms make that mistake too.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    If it bothered someone before, it probably will still bother them. Clearly when someone calls it a CCP or concealed carry "Permit" they are not just being imprecise, they are being incorrect.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    "LTCH" or "Permit" matters not to me, as long as the word "concealed" isn't involved.

Now, I'll just wait for that silly goose who thinks "permit" and "registration" are the same thing to chime in...

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    LTCH / Permit doesn't matter to me its still a permission slip
    Edit to add I agree with the above, as long as Concealed isn't involved in the description

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The fact that Guy didn't correct him makes no difference. If you say "I is smart" in front of a teacher and they don't correct you, that doesn't mean you used proper grammar and it doesn't mean that grammar has become unimportant.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I never understood how tight the panties could get so twisted over this... same goes for clips and mags.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I never understood how tight the panties could get so twisted over this... same goes for clips and mags.

Me either. My brother has been around guns all his life. He hunted with them as a kid. Joined the Navy, saw some pretty nasty things in Vietnam as a gunner's mate, owned and used several guns throughout his life. He still calls them clips, while I call them magazines. He doesn't care. And I don't care that he doesn't care.

I also don't care when someone calls it a permit instead of a license. However, when it matters for the sake of semantics, that the Indiana license isn't just for concealed carry, I'll mention it. Other than that, I don't care much about it. Indiana could have called it a "permit to carry handgun" and not a single jot or tiddle of meaning would change because of it. Either way it's still permission from the state to carry a handgun.

Top Bottom