• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tscherry70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Bedford
    Just saw this at the NRA show. I don't own any Kimbers because of a bad experience with one of their 1911 models but I've heard good things about the K6s and now they're coming out with a .38 + P 6 shot that is under 16 oz at the end of June.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Just saw this at the NRA show. I don't own any Kimbers because of a bad experience with one of their 1911 models but I've heard good things about the K6s and now they're coming out with a .38 + P 6 shot that is under 16 oz at the end of June.

My K6S had an issue with light primer strikes and had to go back to the factory. It works fine now and they have great triggers.

That said, this will probably retail for twice the price of a S&W 442 and I don’t think the trigger and extra round is worth the difference in price.

On the highly unlikely chance this is priced under $550, I might take a look.

prostate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    I just purchased this new toy and after about 50 rounds, I can say that this will replace my current pocket carry which is the stainless steel version. The trigger is similar to the original K6s. I just want to see if I could change the grips as I have read that the grips are interchangeable with the K6s

tscherry70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Bedford
    I just purchased this new toy and after about 50 rounds, I can say that this will replace my current pocket carry which is the stainless steel version. The trigger is similar to the original K6s. I just want to see if I could change the grips as I have read that the grips are interchangeable with the K6s
    I've been carrying a Ruger LCR in .327 mag (6 shot) for EDC, but I'm interested in trying a K6XS. just not paying Kimber prices. Hope you got a good deal on yours.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I must be cheap. The Charter Arms Off Duty is only 12 oz, has 5 round cylinder, and costs just over 1/2 of the Kimber version. And it comes in pretty colors, too! Smaller, lighter, prettier, and 52% of the price. I don't see the point of the Kimber. An extra $379 for 1 extra round? Not for me.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I must be cheap. The Charter Arms Off Duty is only 12 oz, has 5 round cylinder, and costs just over 1/2 of the Kimber version. And it comes in pretty colors, too! Smaller, lighter, prettier, and 52% of the price. I don't see the point of the Kimber. An extra $379 for 1 extra round? Not for me.
    I've shot both. While the extra round doesn't mean much to me, the Kimber is a much nicer gun than the Charter (smoother, better trigger, better sights, just overall more refined), and IMO worth the extra money. That said, I don't own either...I landed somewhere in the middle and am happy with my J-Frames.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Full MSRP of $680 honestly anyone who is considering a J-Frame should really look at this gun. It's way nicer than Rugers offerings , and unlike a comparable Smith and Wesson the Kimber actually has a decent trigger. I never thought I would ever say anything positive about a Kimber but I really think they did a good job with the K6 series.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Resurrection

I just ordered one from Buds. It wasn't on sale....but I haven't seen it in stock anywhere lately.

I had an airweight centennial j-frame years ago. Wanted to get another one but this caught my eye.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I've had a K6s 357 for just about a year and have not had the light strike issues. It's spit out every type of 357 or 38 ammo that has been loaded.

I just need to get around to making my mind up on longer grips. The stock grip ends right past the palm of my hand. I prefer to have an extra inch or so of grip length.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Ordered through Bud's yesterday. Today they drop the price by $60!?!

I filed a claim with the Norton guarantee BS for a price match refund.

Edit:
    They honored the price and are sending me the difference. Nice.

Last edited:

EODFXSTI

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2020
    Morgan County
    I've had a K6s 357 for just about a year and have not had the light strike issues. It's spit out every type of 357 or 38 ammo that has been loaded.

I just need to get around to making my mind up on longer grips. The stock grip ends right past the palm of my hand. I prefer to have an extra inch or so of grip length.
    I had to do the same to mine. I found some combat grips that were the right size to keep it concealed real good and fit my hand just right too. I looked on GB and ebay and found some reasonably priced. It was a very good investment.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I had a Kimber K6s 3" barrel for about a year...tried to like it but just couldn't get past the weight as compared to my S&W 360 in .357 magnum... finally sold it and stuck with the S&W...been fine with that decision.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Picked it up from my LGS this afternoon. Trigger feels great and it locks up SOLID. No obvious issues after a thorough inspection. I'll be shooting it this weekend.
    IMG_20240208_052737499~2.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom