Just a passing thought on the newest Woke I’ve noticed.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    Just caught a short blip of some young multi hair colored, over sized horn rimmed glasses wearing weight challenged gal talking about how to take up or let out a dress for “unexpected” or “expected” changes.
    Must be a no/no to refer to “weight” gain or loss let alone getting fat anymore. Probably so it doesn’t trigger whatever personal pronoun, I/me, they/them, he/him, she/her, it, we/us or you that is susceptible to being triggered.

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    I’m sure there are many younger folks that aren’t woke and have a mind and thoughts of their own that are just laying back like the the Bud Light crowd was. Are they waiting for the outrage where they feel a need to speak and act to make their outrage known and bring the Woke into the realm of reality? Let’s hope so. I’m afraid most are so liberal they won’t understand until it’s to late.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I’m sure there are many younger folks that aren’t woke and have a mind and thoughts of their own that are just laying back like the the Bud Light crowd was. Are they waiting for the outrage where they feel a need to speak and act to make their outrage known and bring the Woke into the realm of reality? Let’s hope so. I’m afraid most are so liberal they won’t understand until it’s to late.

Say what you want, but the navy's new offer of unlimited bud light is a heck of a recruiting tool.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Must be a no/no to refer to “weight” gain or loss let alone getting fat anymore. Probably so it doesn’t trigger whatever personal pronoun, I/me, they/them, he/him, she/her, it, we/us or you that is susceptible to being triggered.
    So no more addressing someone as a "hambeast"?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I saw yesterday on Podcast of the Lotus Eaters that there is once again a surge of articles about how racist the US is because of food deserts. Morons blame it on racism instead of the obvious things like profitability and little things like burning down your cities making it unattractive to have businesses in those areas... :rolleyes:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    A recent study brought to light the idea of "Holy Discontent." This involves someone finally getting upset enough to take action.
    One of the main prophets preaching it is Popeye - "That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more!"
    Normals are finally being pushed into it, and all the Left knows is pushing. It will only accelerate.
    1683553588774.png

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    Just caught a short blip of some young multi hair colored, over sized horn rimmed glasses wearing weight challenged gal talking about how to take up or let out a dress for “unexpected” or “expected” changes.
    We always called them (pleats) expansion joints...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Back to the OP, I drove by one of the local high schools recently as it was letting out; back when I was in high school we had that one fat kid, nowadays it seems to have reversed.

I don't do tiktok but read a few lines of an article about one in which the tiktoker was looking over pictures of high schools in the late 60's and early 70's. She was astonished at how fit everyone was and that they all seemed so happy.

Sigh.

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    I agree Murphy. I graduated in the 70’s and I can only recall 1 that was obese in my High School. Of course it was a rural country school of only about 450 or so kids totaL in 4 grades.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I agree Murphy. I graduated in the 70’s and I can only recall 1 that was obese in my High School. Of course it was a rural country school of only about 450 or so kids totaL in 4 grades.

I'll take a shot from the hip and guess most were physically active, not watching tell-a-vision all day, or sitting on their ass.

Top Bottom