• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The rifle that was used was a Keltec sub 2000. NOT an "assault weapon." Or a weapon of war.

ETA: Now it appears that there may be some confusion here about the weapon used in the attack. I found the press update where the information officer talked about four weapons that were purchased by the perp in 2020.

One was the weapon used in the shooting, a Keltec Sub 200, a Remington 700 and a shotgun. If you don't pay close attention to what he says you might interpret him saying the Keltec sub 2000 was the weapon that was used. He doesn't actually say that. He doesn't actually identify the weapon that was used that was one of the four. I'm guessing that the youtuber may have misunderstood it and we still don't actually know what the weapon was.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ETA: Now it appears that there may be some confusion here about the weapon used in the attack. I found the press update where the information officer talked about four weapons that were purchased by the perp in 2020.

One was the weapon used in the shooting, a Keltec Sub 200, a Remington 700 and a shotgun. If you don't pay close attention to what he says you might interpret it as the Keltec sub 2000 being the weapon that was used. He doesn't actually say that. He says the unidentified weapon that was used was one of the four. I'm guessing that the youtuber may have misunderstood it and we still don't actually know what the weapon was.

Think about it. What of the other weapons are capable of putting that much lead downrange in such a short period of time?

Surely not the 700 or 870. Especially since the audio of the attack is clearly not a rifle nor a shotgun. The sound doesnt match either. Nor the firing speed. The 700 couldnt even come close.

A Glock fed Sub2000 with extended fun sticks sure would do it.

So if the youtuber misunderstood, what is your explanation?
    Edit. I just re-listened. You are correct. it was "the murder weapon, the keltec..." So I wonder what that murder weapon was, and why they are being so tight lipped? Why not tell us what he used? But it sure sounds NOT like a rifle caliber.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Think about it. What of the other weapons are capable of putting that much lead downrange in such a short period of time?

Surely not the 700 or 870. Especially since the audio of the attack is clearly not a rifle nor a shotgun. The sound doesnt match either. Nor the firing speed. The 700 couldnt even come close.

Edit. I just re-listened. You are correct. it was "the murder weapon, the keltec..." So I wonder what that murder weapon was, and why they are being so tight lipped? Why not tell us what he used? But it sure sounds NOT like a rifle caliber.
    Yep. That's why I said if you pay close enough attention to what he actually said he does'nt say it was the Keltec. He said "the weapon used in the attack<comma> a Ketltec sub 200 <comma> a Remington 700 <comma> and a shotgun."

IDK why they haven't identified the "high powered rifle" that was used. It was obviously a semi-automatic though and not something like a Remington 700 and that's all we know.

I just wanted to ETA to make sure the information was accurate.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Yep. That's why I said if you pay close enough attention to what he actually said he does'nt say it was the Keltec. He said "the weapon used in the attack<comma> a Ketltec sub 200 <comma> a Remington 700 <comma> and a shotgun."

IDK why they haven't identified the "high powered rifle" that was used. It was obviously a semi-automatic though and not something like a Remington 700 and that's all we know.

I just wanted to ETA to make sure the information was accurate.
    Hmm yeah I think I'm with you on that interpretation. I don't know why they're being so stingy about the actual weapon used, except that it signals it's very likely not an AR.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hmm yeah I think I'm with you on that interpretation. I don't know why they're being so stingy about the actual weapon used, except that it signals it's very likely not an AR.
    You could be right. Pretty sure if it was an AR it would've been disclosed by now. It just seems odd that he would specifically mention three of the four by name purchased in 2020 but not the actual rifle that was used to perpetrate the attack.

ETA: Haven't been able to track anything definitive yet but I'm hearing a lot of chatter about it being a S&W M&P15. Gonna keep looking.

Here we go as reported by the chicago suntimes.com. I somehow missed all of this.

"The state police approved Crimo III’s request for a firearm owner’s identification card in January 2020.

The next month, he bought the Smith & Wesson M&P15 semiautomatic rifle authorities say he used in the Independence Day mass shooting, Brandon Kelly, director of the Illinois State Police, said Wednesday. Police said they recovered the M&P15 rifle in downtown Highland Park.

The gun used in Monday’s mass shooting was an AR-15-style Smith & Wesson semiautomatic rifle. A Lake County prosecutor identified the make and model of the firearm at a court hearing Wednesday for Crimo, 21, who was ordered held without bail on murder charges.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    His uncle said, "I saw no signs of trouble".

-Several encounters with police
    -Police arrived after a suicide attempt 3 years ago
    -Crimo states he "wants to kill everyone"

Maybe his uncle is blind. Those are signs of trouble.

Regardless, the guy is a nut job.

Hell, one of my dogs would have likely recognized this guy as a nutter.

I only say that because when the thug's picture was shown on the tell a vision screen this evening she started barking her head off.

Of course, she could just be biased and free of filters.

Damn good dog though...has to her credit two ***holes that went to jail instead of getting shot.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The rifle that was used was a Keltec sub 2000. NOT an "assault weapon." Or a weapon of war.

Has anyone heard anything about what it was chambered in? Prolly 9mm, since they said it was a "high power rifle". Because we all know a 9mm will knock the lungs clean out of a person. :rolleyes:

High powered rifle my ass. Lying ********ers.

Reactions: JAL

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Has anyone heard anything about what it was chambered in? Prolly 9mm, since they said it was a "high power rifle". Because we all know a 9mm will knock the lungs clean out of a person. :rolleyes:

Does truth matter?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

If you read on further in the thread it appears that it wasn't a Keltec. it was a S&W M&P15. The youtuber who originally posted that video has come out now with a correction saying that he may have been wrong and that he might be confused. He is confused and he was wrong.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

One was the weapon used in the shooting, a Keltec Sub 200, a Remington 700 and a shotgun. If you don't pay close attention to what he says you might interpret him saying the Keltec sub 2000 was the weapon that was used. He doesn't actually say that. He doesn't actually identify the weapon that was used that was one of the four. I'm guessing that the youtuber may have misunderstood it and we still don't actually know what the weapon was.

It's puzzling. Given the four guns, and the fact that in the press conference, the police said that he took the Keltec to Madison, and we know that the rifle he used on the roof was recovered. So he couldn't have used the Keltec.

They kept refering to the rifle he used as an "assault rifle" though. What was left in his arsinal that could be construed as that? They said during the shooting that he emptied a "30 round clip", reloaded and emptied the second one, reloaded and emptied part of the third one. Makes sense because they've reported that he fired ~70 rounds total. I doubt he used the Remington 700. He surely didn't use the shot gun.

Also, the cop said Keltec sub 200. Does that exist? I don't know my Keltecs so I don't know.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'm pretty sure the cop said he took the Keltec to Madison. They also aid that the guy threw the gun wrapped in a red blanket or whatever on the ground. So I dunno. Maybe the gun they recovered at the scene wasn't actually the gun he used.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you read on further in the thread it appears that it wasn't a Keltec. it was a S&W M&P15. The youtuber who originally posted that video has come out now with a correction saying that he may have been wrong and that he might be confused. He is confused and he was wrong.

Yeah, I just read some articles that said it was the M&P15. So that explains why it wasn't making sense what the officer said in the news conference. He didn't use one of those four guns. When I heard the audio, I didn't think it sounded like a 9mm. But 223/5.56 makes more sense.

Reactions: KG1

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Honest query.

Why does it matter what inanimate tool a murderous piece of **** thug uses to murder?

The issue is not the tool. The issue is the murderous thug.

Why the focus on the tool?
    I think many of us were suspicious that they hadn't divulged the weapon used, yet kept talking about "assault rifles". Usually they're splatting it all on the news. Why withhold that? It made me suspect they were hiding something.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I think many of us were suspicious that they hadn't divulged the weapon used, yet kept talking about "assault rifles". Usually they're splatting it all on the news. Why withhold that? It made me suspect they were hiding something.

Centralizers have an agenda.

Top Bottom