• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    And so the exodus begins. The founder of Jimmy John's is moving to Florida and may well be taking his business out of Illinois, too. Can't say as I blame him, either. You can only be robbed by the politicians so many times before it gets tiresome and you move to better and safer pastures. I wonder how many thousands more will flee Illinois now?

Jimmy John's founder contemplates moving headquarters out of Illinois | News-Gazette.com – Your Source for News and Advertising in East Central Illinois

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Well that's just one more reason for me to stop in to Jimmy's. Not that I need one, I eat there 3-6 times a week on average.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    All they'll do is further raise the taxes on those who remain because they can't afford to move.

And it serves most of them right as they are responsible for creating the environment that drove John Galt out. I have zero sympathy for them. John Galt, get some!

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I'm pretty sure the Illinois government is pretty much like it is everywhere else: Doing whatever it is they want regardless of what the people want.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm pretty sure the Illinois government is pretty much like it is everywhere else: Doing whatever it is they want regardless of what the people want.

Did they quit holding elections and I never heard about it? We get the government we vote for. Keep voting that party line!

It sounds as tough you have contempt for JJ's founder for leaving. Why?

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    thats what i call voting with your feet, and its the way it should be.

less federal laws so that it in the hands of the states. therefore, if you dont like them, move. the state legislators will get the idea sooner or later

probably later.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    thats what i call voting with your feet, and its the way it should be.

less federal laws so that it in the hands of the states. therefore, if you dont like them, move. the state legislators will get the idea sooner or later

probably later.

No, they will pass a "business relocation fee" and get you on the way out.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I can't say who but I have insider info of another major employer who is taking 2000 jobs to Kentucky in a couple weeks. Illinois' pain has just begun, and the fockers deserve it. Some Springfield turds were just on the radio laughing about how the money they're extending to some business they're going to get back in the new higher tax rates. Oh really Einstein?

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I just hope that if Illinois residents want to pack up and come here they won't vote for politicians promising to do the same things that got Illinois were they are now.

Top Bottom