• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I do not have any metals but am interested. Where does one go to get the best deals? I see silver going at 21+ but the major sellers online sell them for 26+; is that good?
    Another option is to go to some coin shows and try to meet a private coin collector/metal dealer type person. I have a friend like this and he deals closer to spot than any store or commercial dealer ever would.
    You would have to get a little lucky to find a guy like that but they do exist.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    People from all over the world are putting capital in the dollar right now cause of all the uncertainty going on with geopolitics. Making the dollar stronger

The interest rate is catching up to people's ability to pay for their debt, with more rate hikes on the way. Selling to pay the bills.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Thanks for the info. Are than any online sellers on e should be weary with? The best prices are wire/echeck and I’m weary of echecks.

I don't like them either.

I've not had any issues with Silvergoldbull, SD Bullion or Monument. Those are all the ones I remember dealing with. SGB did take a very long time to ship (about a month) both times I ordered.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I use e-checks with Monument and love it. Very convenient and gets me the cash discount without having to mail a check and the additional time that that takes.
    Yes, echecks are very convenient, I use them every month to pay some bills. But I didn't mention echecks. My comment was about sites that only take wire and/or crypto - they seem to be pretty shady sites.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Received my order of Germania 10oz bars. They come shrink wrapped in very thin film with a holo sticker inside the wrap and the bar in a box. Very nice packaging. Interestingly these and the Italpreziosi 10oz bars are smaller in length and width but are much thicker. I kinda like that. They obviously take up the same volume but stack in storage better.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes, echecks are very convenient, I use them every month to pay some bills. But I didn't mention echecks. My comment was about sites that only take wire and/or crypto - they seem to be pretty shady sites.
    Right, but you were replying to Ziggidy who mentioned wire/echeck, so I just piggybacked onto your reply. :):

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Report on Libertycoin:
    Shipment arrived two days ahead of time, well packaged, return address was simply "Liberty Co" and street address.

Really like Liberty at present. Have done successful business with LCS, Provident (and JM, which are the same), SD and Monument. Best strategy is to shop around- the location of the lowest price changes daily.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have never mail ordered precious metals, (unless you are talking Sierra MatchKIng bullets) If I understand, you are paying Spot price, plus premium plus shipping. Doesn't that further complicate your break even point?

Also; On a basic order, say 100 silver Maple leafs, isn't shipping that a big risk? How would you recover a loss?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Just out of curiosity, have any of you purchased metals while traveling abroad? I'd be specifically interested if you got a better deal in Mexico on silver bullion or not.

I've never considered it before, but have some traveling ahead of me in the near future.
    I am no expert, but my local friend does not even like Mexico Constitutional Silver. He feels that the purity is way too variable, and is seldom as good as it is supposed to be.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I am no expert, but my local friend does not even like Mexico Constitutional Silver. He feels that the purity is way too variable, and is seldom as good as it is supposed to be.
    Right. Try making lists of things you trust in Mexico and things you don't trust in Mexico. Then compare lists.

Reactions: Leo

Milo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Fort Wayne, IN 46808, USA
    I have never mail ordered precious metals, (unless you are talking Sierra MatchKIng bullets) If I understand, you are paying Spot price, plus premium plus shipping. Doesn't that further complicate your break even point?

Also; On a basic order, say 100 silver Maple leafs, isn't shipping that a big risk? How would you recover a loss?
    Most if not all online dealers offer free shipping after a certain purchase amount. Usually $199.
    The also ship the items insured.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Most if not all online dealers offer free shipping after a certain purchase amount. Usually $199.
    The also ship the items insured.
    This.
    But be aware that most places now charge Indiana tax on anything less pure than .999 or so. Any world coins, etc. that are .900 or crown gold will be taxed, which cuts into your margin. US coins, both gold and silver, including commemoratives, are not taxed.

Milo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Fort Wayne, IN 46808, USA
    I use findbullionprices.com

For example you can choose to look up what a 1oz bar is going for:

Looks like around $24.38 right now.

The best deals I've found are from local auctions. The catch is that you have to watch out for auction fees. Even so, I've gotten some very good deals.
    findbullionprices is a great website. Thanks for the tip

Top Bottom