• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I looked at the apmex website and the amount of silver I keep in the cart, and yeah the price went up but it's not anything earth shattering.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Silver and gold following oil UP^^^^

The British “pound” taking a beating. Double digit inflation.

Wait till the jobs report comes out this month, these morons can’t even say recession it’ll cause a bigger panic. The writing is on the wall but the Fed is illiterate.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Still do not get the big premium on American Silver Eagles....currently over $10/oz which is almost half of spot.
    Combination of several factors. Cost of production is the highest factor, plain ol recognition and confidence in their purity is second. But they are the standard all others are compared to. Any body can own a car, fewer can own a Cadillac.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    But they are the standard all others are compared to. Any body can own a car, fewer can own a Cadillac.
    Or (back in the 70s) you could own a Cavalier for half the price, still have money left over to trick it out with all the options, and have the same thing. I don't believe in paying for a name. And if things get so bad we have to fall back on "it's backed by the US government," what makes anyone think there will be a government to guarantee it's value? If that's what you're after, just get junk silver. That has the same universal recognition, without the massive premium (if you shop around).

Still, if you like ASEs, knock yourself out. Get what works for you.

Reactions: Mij

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Or (back in the 70s) you could own a Cavalier for half the price, still have money left over to trick it out with all the options, and have the same thing. I don't believe in paying for a name. And if things get so bad we have to fall back on "it's backed by the US government," what makes anyone think there will be a government to guarantee it's value? If that's what you're after, just get junk silver. That has the same universal recognition, without the massive premium (if you shop around).

Still, if you like ASEs, knock yourself out. Get what works for you.

I follow a similar mindset. I'm after the precious metal and I like bullion that has it clearly labeled what it is and what amount it is. I don't want to be in a position some day when I'm trying to barter with a novice for something and trying to explain to them why these dimes or nickels are worth more than dimes or nickels. Looking at the global banks and economic news I think the days of our current currency could be coming to an end sooner rather than later. I like the idea having something tangible in my hands that has no paper trail.

I still have some AJE's, but that's because I get one for each kid for every year that they've been alive so when they're 18 they'd have 18 ounces of silver, and if the worst happens, they've each got a tangible insurance policy that's accepted globally even if it just ends up at bullion prices.

Reactions: Mij

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Just saw the U.S. debt is 31 trillion dollars, don’t see how any of our future generations are going to have the rite to a “FREE” and prosperous life. Otherwise known as life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, They will all be working for the Fed. Res.

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Just saw the U.S. debt is 31 trillion dollars, don’t see how any of our future generations are going to have the rite to a “FREE” and prosperous life. Otherwise known as life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, They will all be working for the Fed. Res.

I suspect our descendants will be using a different currency in the future. Too many world banks are in too deep of serious turmoil right now to still use the USD as a global reserve currency. This is why I have a small handfull of bullion. Before the federal reserve was born the average guy could buy an average house for around 100 ounces of silver. If that becomes true again, how many homes would you like to be able to buy for what 100 ounces of silver goes for these days (~2730). I sure my bullion is nothing more than something I can hand to my descendants in the future for them to remember me by, but in a worst case scenario it's not going to be a horrible thing to have around either. Pretty cheap insurance in the big picture of life.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Anybody take note of the fact “a U.S. Rep out of W. VA.” has introduced a bill to put us back on the gold standard. Doesn’t seem to have much steam, but we could get behind him and push our people and possibly start something. Names Mooney. A (R). Looks like a buy op now. Sure would be nice to be in charge of our own money again. Find it in Kitco news. Best.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Been buying a little over the past week or so. Pre-ordered a 10 oz. silver bar last week and pre-ordered a 10 gram gold Valcambi bar (both from Monument) today. Looks like I timed the gold pretty well. Got the gold for 558.17 at the time.

Top Bottom