• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I thought this morning would be interesting, keep a weather eye on your FRN’s. (they’re dropping) oil is climbing. Not being a chicken little but this could be “the big one”. I hope not, but I’m not taking my eyes off the dollar. It’s only 8 minutes from my house to our local Farmers Bank, a small town privately owned 3 branch bank.

8 minutes and some paper work, while on the phone to my broker to lock up metal price. I’m good to go. Back home to get at least one shotgun rider. 1 hr. Into city, 1 hr. home. Call wife, get her headed this way. I’m done. See you guys on the other side.

G****** Powell, and his big mouth. Stupid S** ** * *****. Raise rates, made the announcement Friday just before closing bell. What did he think would happen? It’s almost like they (the FED) want to cause a panic. What are these people thinking? G** **** dombocrats, G** **** Federal Res.

GranolaFacility

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 22, 2022
    Westfield
    Just listened to this podcast a couple days ago. Seemed like an informative and balanced perspective. Big takeaways:
    • Gold is leaving vaults at a high rate despite a fairly flat price
    • Inevitable does not mean imminent.
    They discuss price manipulation toward the end.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Just ordered 2 oz. gold from Monument. DoggyMama wanted a gold eagle and I ordered one of these for $70.00 less than her eagle.

View attachment 221001
    Now your talkin, and at almost 95:1 a good chance for some to move some gold to silver if you can remain diversified.

Dollar is down again after a small rise. Oil down, DJIA also down.

Good show DD. It’s better than FRN’s in the bank.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Now your talkin, and at almost 95:1 a good chance for some to move some gold to silver if you can remain diversified.

Dollar is down again after a small rise. Oil down, DJIA also down.

Good show DD. It’s better than FRN’s in the bank.
    I'm trying to get more gold. I mostly have silver. Just received the first of two 10 oz. Unity & Liberty bars today that I had ordered from Monument in the past couple of weeks.

1661964979767.png

Reactions: Mij

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I'm trying to get more gold. I mostly have silver. Just received the first of two 10 oz. Unity & Liberty bars today that I had ordered from Monument in the past couple of weeks.

View attachment 221058
    Yep, as in all things investing diversification is a key. I’m starting to investigate copper. I’ve got a couple of 1 oz. Rounds that I’ve picked up over the years, more as happenstance than anything else. But I’m now seriously looking at a couple 100 or even 10 oz. bullion bars. If I had it to do over again copper was the smart move 50 years ago. Easy to say that now, reading the past is sure easier than reading the future. :)

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    The spot dropping today is killing me. I just paid my Q3 quarterly taxes and am actually taking some vacation soon and want to splurge some cash on that. So the extra money fund is low when silver looks to close in on $18/oz.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The spot dropping today is killing me. I just paid my Q3 quarterly taxes and am actually taking some vacation soon and want to splurge some cash on that. So the extra money fund is low when silver looks to close in on $18/oz.
    Yep, it even dipped below 18 for a bit today. 17.98 as I type this.

Top Bottom