• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    So is the tax on them 7%? I know something changed recently. I was going to order a 1oz coin and had a Krugerrand in my cart. I like Krugerrands. When I went to check out it added $131 in tax. I switched it out to a Britannia and the tax went away. Makes no sense. I think I heard it is based on purity, .9999 vs .999.
    You are correct. There is a post outlining it somewhere upthread.

Here's what I found to be cheapest small-weight silver at the moment:
    https://monumentmetals.com/1-oz-mintid-silver-round-bw.html

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    What do my fellow INGOers feel is an appropriate premium to pay above spot for a 1 oz gold coin, such as a Brittania, Kangaroo, Maple Leaf, etc.
    Not American Eagles as there is always an extra premium on those.
    $100? $80?
    Strictly speaking BU bullion rounds.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    What do my fellow INGOers feel is an appropriate premium to pay above spot for a 1 oz gold coin, such as a Brittania, Kangaroo, Maple Leaf, etc.
    Not American Eagles as there is always an extra premium on those.
    $100? $80?
    Strictly speaking BU bullion rounds.

looks like going rate is $34 to $70

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I jumped a little early on another 10 oz. silver bar from Monument this morning. Thought I was at the bottom of the dip, but noooooo... It dipped again. Both gold and silver have dropped a lot today. So has the Dow.

I bought here:

1661533669166.png

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Starting to look like a good buying opportunity. It’s Friday look at what the dollar is doing. In this political climate folks don’t want there money at risk when the markets are closed. Monday should be an interesting day.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    OK, I get it now. Been outside driving t posts and setting corner post all day. Just saw Fed. Chair. J. Powell speak. His remarks caused the market to take a dump, so of course the metals market has to be manipulated down to allow the big money guy’s to buy in to paper metal. Of course the market will eventually rebound (maybe), and then the paper metal will go up with it. Thereby allowing the paper guys to protect their FRN’s while taking some profit. This bodes well for those of us that own physical metal. We will win in the end, or our children or grand children. Keep stacking folks, time is on our side. JMO of course.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    What market forces could be in play to possibly cause metals to fall at the same time as the DJA? Money race’s to metal in a down turn. Metals should be going up as demand increases. If this doesn’t tell everybody something, we’ll I don’t know what to say. Of course there is always “there’s your sign”.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Selling commodity positions to cover margin calls on their stock positions.

When all the big swingers are doing it, there's not enough buyers and the settle price tumbles.

Reactions: Mij

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Selling commodity positions to cover margin calls on their stock positions.

When all the big swingers are doing it, there's not enough buyers and the settle price tumbles.
    Very good point, thank you for a different prospective.

I (and many others) still believe the market (metal) is manipulated, to many other situations and demonstrations of manipulation for some to believe true market forces are at work.

Regardless it’s still paper metal, add the total ounces in paper and compare to all the metal ever mind, the disparity is glaring. And of course JMO.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Very good point, thank you for a different prospective.

I (and many others) still believe the market (metal) is manipulated, to many other situations and demonstrations of manipulation for some to believe true market forces are at work.

Regardless it’s still paper metal, add the total ounces in paper and compare to all the metal ever mind, the disparity is glaring. And of course JMO.

Someone made the point that there are several times the number of paper ounces traded every market day than exist for good delivery...

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    That's because it's all "paper silver"...not actual ounces of product trading hands.

Product has reached my hands ! (and that of my presenter) ;)
    When silver dipped a bit last week, I picked-up two of these through Silver, Bull, Gold.
    I've always loved this design.

i-jdMMCjz-XL.jpg

Top Bottom