• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Thought I'd share a PM source I've found to have really decent prices. They have a limited selection but you'll be hard pressed to find better prices. These prices are better than what they have on their "regular" site. Don't forget to add the "/ape" at the end of the web address if the link doesn't work correctly. It opens the secret door lol.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Thought I'd share a PM source I've found to have really decent prices. They have a limited selection but you'll be hard pressed to find better prices. These prices are better than what they have on their "regular" site. Don't forget to add the "/ape" at the end of the web address if the link doesn't work correctly. It opens the secret door lol.

SGB is a frequent flier on findbullionprices.com, they're pretty good if you're not picky about rounds. Easy and fast shipping under a pseudonym.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    SGB is a frequent flier on findbullionprices.com, they're pretty good if you're not picky about rounds. Easy and fast shipping under a pseudonym.
    In case you missed the nuance, there is an area of their site that is not linked on their home page or anywhere else that I could find on the site that offers even lower prices than what you will find on their "regular" site. You'll need to type the web address in or add the "/ape" to the end of the address once you pull up the regular site. "https://silvergoldbull.com/ape"

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    It really chaps my hide to watch the gold market go up and down as the dollar increases or decreases and paper investors flee to metal (paper contracts) to protect there ASSets. Physical is just along for the ride. But watching silver prices welded to it like Velcro makes no sense at all. All summer it was 80:1 now the FED rattles there bell and there‘s a sea change in prices. And paper traders do what they do, but now things have changed for silver roughly 87:1 for absolutely no market or industrial reasons what so ever. The true fact is the market is manipulated in a manner that will not allow Joe Sixpack to take advantage of trading on a fair and open market. I got my last trade likely the last in my life while the Chinese and U.S. decided what they could do to screw each other over while protecting there selves. Unless and until we can abolish the Federal Reserve system and the autocratic system it creates, and bring our country back around to a democratic republic, we are all screwed. Where’s my grandchildren’s rights to a free and better life if they are born into being the slaves of the Fed. Res. ? Guess that’s why I stack. RANT CONSUMMIVI

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Having both IGR and Nadir 10 oz bars, there is a difference. Nadir has the serial number printed on the plastic wrapper, while IGR has the number engraved on the bar itself. Not sure how much difference it makes, but I like the engraved better.
    I checked my Nadirs and they have it etched on the bar. I moved the plastic wrapper around and the numbers didn't move.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I was deceived by appearances - all the bars are engraved.

Also, now, all of a sudden, with prices going up and all of us not buying, dealers are announcing to great fanfare that their premiums are going down. Just this morning I got notices from JM, SDBullion and Monument.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I was deceived by appearances - all the bars are engraved.

Also, now, all of a sudden, with prices going up and all of us not buying, dealers are announcing to great fanfare that their premiums are going down. Just this morning I got notices from JM, SDBullion and Monument.
    Saw that as well. I was/am tempted by SD Bullion's offer of random silver coins for $25.01 each. I've found for random deals like that if you order a tube quantity, 20 or 25 coins, you almost always get a uniform tube of whatever which tend to be in better condition as well.

Gotta save some funds for the FNRA banquet this week so I passed.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I got tired of waiting for silver to hit $15 an oz. so I ordered 140 oz. of copper to get me free shipping.

copper is hot, wish I’d bought ten grand worth in the 90’s. it’s outperformed just about every thing else in that time span. drawback is weight tho. hard to move and store a ton of metal. aluminum and tin are a couple more that are currently hot commodity’s. but again storage is problematic. at least silver and gold I can put them in the dark hidey spot. 140 oz of copper shouldn’t be hard to stash somewhere tho. good deal for you. :yesway:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I got excited when I saw silver dropping hard this morning and thought about picking up a few more rounds, but it rebounded just as quick and I missed the dip. :( Monument had silver Britannias for nearly generic round prices. Better than some generic rounds and bars.

Reactions: Mij

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I got excited when I saw silver dropping hard this morning and thought about picking up a few more rounds, but it rebounded just as quick and I missed the dip. :( Monument had silver Britannias for nearly generic round prices. Better than some generic rounds and bars.

I may order some of the Britiannis today from Monument. Atleast enough for free shipping. They are cheaper then most other sites generic prices. Can't beat it

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    copper is hot, wish I’d bought ten grand worth in the 90’s. it’s outperformed just about every thing else in that time span. drawback is weight tho. hard to move and store a ton of metal. aluminum and tin are a couple more that are currently hot commodity’s. but again storage is problematic. at least silver and gold I can put them in the dark hidey spot. 140 oz of copper shouldn’t be hard to stash somewhere tho. good deal for you. :yesway:

sort cents.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    sort cents.

Ya, we’ve got several coffee cans full of pocket change, been collecting it for decades. One of these days we’ll go through it. tried one time, ended up with very dirty hands and a big mess on the kitchen counter. Got a jelly jar of wheaties though. ;)

Edit to ask, what is the last year for copper pennies? Guess I can look it up but you guys probably know.

OK, coinflation shows 09 to 82 @ .238 per each.

Last edited:

bmanguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2017
    Tippecanoe
    The problem today… regardless of what you put it in, there are not a lot of great options. Let’s face it… inflation is eroding the dollar. These guys keep increasing the money supply like they are trying to break something.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    The problem today… regardless of what you put it in, there are not a lot of great options. Let’s face it… inflation is eroding the dollar. These guys keep increasing the money supply like they are trying to break something.
    100% correct, “they” are, and WILL. But it’s a deep dark chasm. You may not be the generation that claw’s their way back to the top on the other side. It could be your children or grandchildren that’s the real value in metals and land.

It’s not an investment you will ever get. If you want to invest there are many better vehicles. Just look at who owns and continues to buy metal and land, they’er not buying it for themselves.

Top Bottom