• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Provident has SA Silver Krugerands on sale and they are cheaper than generic 1oz rounds. Also cheaper per troy ounce than a 10 oz bar. That is rare for sovereign coins.
    Thanks for the heads up! I didn't even know about Provident. I just picked up 10 of the Krugerands. I didn't know they had silver Krugerands either. These were only about 16% over spot.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Nice. I was always a silver bug but have been getting interested n gold as of late. Especially now that the ration is down to around 65:1. I like the older European coins and they usually are a bargain. But I would think the lack of familiarity would hurt on resale. I guess not to a dealer but with what little I will buy, I'll likely stick to the big three (Eagles, Maple Leafs, Krugerands) or known mint bars.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Nice. I was always a silver bug but have been getting interested n gold as of late. Especially now that the ration is down to around 65:1. I like the older European coins and they usually are a bargain. But I would think the lack of familiarity would hurt on resale. I guess not to a dealer but with what little I will buy, I'll likely stick to the big three (Eagles, Maple Leafs, Krugerands) or known mint bars.
    Dealer premium on the 100 Corona was less that 2.4%.

Last edited:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Price on 100 Corona has already gone up $12 in the last hour, and they are now out of stock.
    Magyars would be interested in knowing that all inscriptions on this are in Hungarian. My dad's mom's family was from there.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    With silver and gold dropping and the ratio dropping too is crazy. Havnt seen that happen since silver was $49 per oz. What's really messing with me is rhodium went from $19000 per oz to $21000 last week and then today went from $21000 per oz this morning to $24000 per oz as of 5mins ago. I keep saying I wish I had bought some when it was $800 per oz. :wallbash:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    With silver and gold dropping and the ratio dropping too is crazy. Havnt seen that happen since silver was $49 per oz. What's really messing with me is rhodium went from $19000 per oz to $21000 last week and then today went from $21000 per oz this morning to $24000 per oz as of 5mins ago. I keep saying I wish I had bought some when it was $800 per oz. :wallbash:
    Years ago I had the opportunity to buy limitless bitcoin for $500ea and I passed lol...

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Price on 100 Corona has already gone up $12 in the last hour, and they are now out of stock.
    Magyars would be interested in knowing that all inscriptions on this are in Hungarian. My dad's mom's family was from there.
    they are neat. My father is half Hungarian and, for his birthday before our trip to Hungary, I bought him a 20 Corona coin.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    I bought 100 oz of copper rounds last Christmas for $100. Yes I know that is $16 lb but they were in tubes of 20 and all were different with Lincoln pennys, mercury dimes and a lots of other types. Not a money maker but the kids sure loved them.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The pricing on copper has interested me as well. I've always bought silver because I didn't have the cash for gold. Copper seems to be the place to put money when silver seems a little too high. My only concern has been how and when to offload minted copper. I know the thieves just take theirs to the scrapyard, but legit stamped bullion wouldn't go there.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I am not in the market because INGO told me nobody would trade in silver if SHTF... or something like that. I'll just keep holding onto my federal reserve IOUs.

Be that as it may, I was curious so I went out to check some prices.

Large quantity and pay by wire offers the lowest per piece price..... and it still comes in at more than $10 over spot.

WTH?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Well a 100 oz bar from Provident is currently $4.59/oz over spot. It costs money to turn that commodity metal into a coin or bar.

Top Bottom