www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It happens in cycles. You arent wrong.

We've already seen several waves. And it hasnt fully ebbed yet. Like primers are still expensive. I dont expect them to ever get down to $30/1000 again, but if they were like most things they;d be back down to $45 or so. Ive never seen them that cheap.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Many manufacturers have shared info on their 2024 price increases. This is the calm before the storm. If you're not stocked up, stock up now.
    I have been discussing this with friends and family in the gun/ reloading business the last few months. Expect 20-30% increase in powder soon.
    If your not prepared now, get ready to reach deep in your wallet.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I have been discussing this with friends and family in the gun/ reloading business the last few months. Expect 20-30% increase in powder soon.
    Yep. I've been tempted to get a 308... if I don't get one now, I likely never will.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    D***, and I haven’t had time to shop for my stock up yet. I better find the time.

Sure didn’t want to hear what you said. D***!!!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It'd be a good bet that prices will rise, whether it be from actual threats to the 2A or panic purchases on the thought of maybe.

The big conglomerates who own our ammo components companies have not been good to us either. Competitive pricing is barely existent. The big component companies have shown that they are happy to ride the bad economy pricing, rather than look out for the customer who built them into what they are.

The enemy of the 2A is in charge of our country. We barely hang on by a congress critter or two. With the election coming, they'll pull out all the stops. No longer do they fear our barely alive gun owner NRA lobby.

Outside issues could certainly have an effect on the election also. Be it abortion, mean tweets or fraud, the enemy could well pull another victory in spite of their disasterous "leadership" of the country.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Global shortages of gun powder caused by a few wars going on. The US has been emptying the warehouses to support nations around the world and now even we are low. Shop owner in my home town told us the increases are already hitting.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    My vote is it will get worse.

2024 will be the most contested election. Racial and political tensions are as high as I can ever remember them being. Our elected officials are more concerned about power than us.

Move away from populations centers and Democratic controlled places if you can.
    Be ready for disruptions in food/power if possible.
    Educate your family to be wise about proactive avoidance of violence.
    Carry a get home bag with you.
    And stock up now for a rainy day.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    My vote is it will get worse.

2024 will be the most contested election. Racial and political tensions are as high as I can ever remember them being.
    Our elected officials are more concerned about power than us.

Move away from populations centers and Democratic controlled places if you can.
    Be ready for disruptions in food/power if possible.
    Educate your family to be wise about proactive avoidance of violence.
    Carry a get home bag with you.
    And stock up now for a rainy day.
    Pretty much....we moved out into the county nearly 3 years ago...
    Dad's farm is directly across the river from where we live...
    The Amish neighbors have a large garden and lots of livestock!
    But, we live with a LOT less aggravation, stupid, stress, excess noise, etc., to have to live with on a daily basis!

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I gave my future son in law a pistol to protect himself and my daughter (they live together) I gave him 2 mags loaded with hollow point ammo he knows better than to shoot those at paper, so he talked to his dad about ammo and his dad sent him this link which he forwarded to me.
    https://www.sspfirearms.com/2023/12...ivilian availability of ammunition components

What I got was cci sending 1 million rounds of 9mm to the Ukraine, so…that’s 1 million small pistol primers that we can’t buy!

I’ve been lucky and been finding them at academy for 8 a hundred…I guess that’ll go up
    https://www.sspfirearms.com/2023/12...ivilian availability of ammunition components

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Already here. I'm seeing 8# jugs I bought for $280 last month going for $329 now. Varget is almost $400.

I've been stocking for the past year. Ready to ride the wave this time.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Already here. I'm seeing 8# jugs I bought for $280 last month going for $329 now. Varget is almost $400.

I've been stocking for the past year. Ready to ride the wave this time.
    Yep, I've been in good shape for awhile now. But like we talked about if I feel it's a fair deal, I'm still in a buying mode.
    We have been doing a primer to powder to jacketed bullet ratio to see I'd we are short anywhere. I was at Brian's on Monday and he was showing me some of the new prices, and what to expect in a month.
    He's got a delivery around the 16th if I recall correctly and depending on the new pricing it might be around the end for me buying like I always have.
    I wish I had candle money like you have.

Stack it deep boys.

Top Bottom