• ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It happens in cycles. You arent wrong.

We've already seen several waves. And it hasnt fully ebbed yet. Like primers are still expensive. I dont expect them to ever get down to $30/1000 again, but if they were like most things they;d be back down to $45 or so. Ive never seen them that cheap.
    I suspect the number of hot wars is affecting reloading supplies and creating scarcity and scarcity is elevating prices. Then that same scarcity triggers hoarding, panic buying and profiteering by resellers on places like gun broker

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I shop targetsportsusa for my ammo needs and all the 9 jumped about $1.50 a box from last week to this week. I can't imagine it's going to get cheaper. at this point it's probably still not a bad time to buy, at least for the moment but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It'd be a good bet that prices will rise, whether it be from actual threats to the 2A or panic purchases on the thought of maybe.

The big conglomerates who own our ammo components companies have not been good to us either. Competitive pricing is barely existent. The big component companies have shown that they are happy to ride the bad economy pricing, rather than look out for the customer who built them into what they are.

The enemy of the 2A is in charge of our country. We barely hang on by a congress critter or two. With the election coming, they'll pull out all the stops. No longer do they fear our barely alive gun owner NRA lobby.

Outside issues could certainly have an effect on the election also. Be it abortion, mean tweets or fraud, the enemy could well pull another victory in spite of their disasterous "leadership" of the country.
    I would quibble with the component manufacturer profiteering theory. Just about all the ingredients to make the explosive compound in primers are imported as well as virtually all of our lead, so primer prices and bullet prices are affected by much more than scarcity. If you think monolithic bullets or FMJ, copper prices are up also and brass also contains copper (and zinc). All of the raw materials cost more as a commodity and it costs more to ship them as well, so prices are bound to be up. I think that is why scarcity pricing has not retreated as far back toward the mean as some would like, they just don't realize that the price of raw materials is up

Once you allow for the price of materials to be higher, then there is pricing to keep up with demand. If you have to run your plant 2 or 3 shifts per day to meet demand, your labor costs are up as well as equipment maintenance costs, and the idea that manufacturers could somehow set prices to keep long time customers happy is just unworkable, it would require some kind of registry (which we all hate) as well as a two-tier pricing system so that the long term customer base could be given a discount

Given the rate at which Russia-Ukraine and Israel-Hamas/Hezbollah/Iran are burning up ammo, I'm surprised that as much ammo and components are available as there is. Personally, I buy a little every month, good times or bad price-wise

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I have this feeling that we are in a quiet before the storm phase in regards to firearm/ammo availability and pricing. There are always doomsdayers out there and I always ignore, but I just got this feeling...,
    I think it is more the 'pucker before the poop'.

It happens so often I am getting really tired of it.

Top Bottom