Is It Good For The Gun Cause To Bash Suppliers On The Open Internet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In your opinion.

Trivial to you.

You seem locked into this idea that the line you use to define bashing, what's trivial, feelings based, silly, etc. is the same for everyone else. It isn't.

You'll drive yourself nuts spending time trying to control what other people do.
    Not trying to control others, just raising awareness and it is fun debating it.

Boy some here sure don’t like their awareness raised. LOL. And then we others that like debating as much as I do.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have not been treated well in some LGS or ranges but never saw the need to post my feelings all over the world wide web. Why, I understand that people are different. What gets lost in a conversation like this is just how varied these places are and how varied their customers and even visitors are.
    Did you share your experience with friends and/or people you shoot with. As I mentioned above, that ends up in the same place just takes a little longer, probably only two or three degrees of separation between firearms people
    AGAIN, I have never indicated folks not review the bad businesses, just not over trivial things.
    Perhaps he didn't feel it was trivial if he started a thread about it, and that's the crux. Left alone, that likely would have been it, but when you appear to question the man's motives that is judgmental, as is deciding unilaterally that his concerns are 'trivial'

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Did you share your experience with friends and/or people you shoot with. As I mentioned above, that ends up in the same place just takes a little longer, probably only two or three degrees of separation between firearms people
    These complaints tend to carry more weight. If someone I know personally gives me a story about an experience, good or bad, that will play a much larger part in any decision to give that company my business than reading reviews online.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Nope, never mentioned it. Just here without names, because I try to recognize when my complaints are based on feels…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Spot on, McG. The only person's behavior we can truly control is our own (although for a brief while we think we control our children's behavior)
    Raising awareness is not trying to control people. And I know you do this, but I hope others are fighting those really trying to control them like what they perceive as my attempt to control. LOL

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Boy some here sure don’t like their awareness raised. LOL.
    This is ironic, since this entire thread is based on not raising awareness over issues you perceive to be trivial.

I like my awareness raised, which is why I appreciate when people give their reviews of businesses so I can make a judgement on whether or not to do business with them.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    A business can do anything they want, but I don't have to buy from them. If I have a bad experience with a business, gun industry type or not, I just don't go back to them. I don't like to get on a forum and complain about it...someone else may have had a good experience with that particular company.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    If the subject business is arrogant, overpriced, has ridiculous business policies, promotes garbage, has a history of screwing customers, back orders on popular items without having enough stock on hand before pushing items, has a sale on overpriced items jacked up over time before the “ big sale”, price gouges, etc., etc. then YES it’s a good thing to call them out.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Pretty sure Black Lives Matter was to raise awareness, and Moms demand action, and climate change, and “insert I want my opinion to be elevated here”

Deimos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    Mooresville
    Why would I not negatively review a company I had a bad experience with? That sounds kinda crazy. I personally think "bashing" is important. For example, Cheaper than dirt charging almost $100 a mag after Sandy Hook was reason for me to not give them my business, even more so this past year when they were charging like $4 pr for 5.56.

If people aren't warned about crappy companies.. You're just allowing the company to get away with it and rip people off further. Just because they sell you gun related items and they might be conveniently located for you, does not mean they're good people or that they give a **** about your rights as an American.

If people didn't negatively review companies, people would still be buying Century's in-house built AKs that blow up in your face.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK as usual these threads (with the proper help) turn into something else when folks wont stop debating a dead horse and why it died. Let it go man and you know who IO am speaking of. Just stop. For Gods sake you are beating a dead horse.

This one is done, and I am near my end over these useless endings to these threads.

Just let it go.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom