• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    They’re expensive enough compared to other offerings.

Relatively, yeah, because their rifles are heavily civilianized.
    Like unlined barrels, proprietary parts solely to prevent you from using military components.

Their rifles absolutely aren't worth it, but I wouldn't say they're in lambo owner price categories. Their handguns are pretty good though, and not out of line with most of the rest of the market.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    All the HK stuff I'm obsessed with is at least 20 years old. USPs, G3s, MP5s, G36s, very little of their current stuff really interests me.

"You suck and we hate you" is a meme for a reason. HK has never worried themselves with civilians and poors.

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville
    They very much ARE a thing for me- but I’m an unabashed HK fan boy. I was lucky enough to acquire a lot of my collection back when they were relatively reasonable in price (at least in retrospect). Do I like their civilian customer focus or lack thereof? Nope. But I fell in love with HKs when I watched Die Hard way back when, and still dig them to this day, to the detriment of my bank account. True, they aren’t cheap, but what is these days?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    All the HK stuff I'm obsessed with is at least 20 years old. USPs, G3s, MP5s, G36s, very little of their current stuff really interests me.

"You suck and we hate you" is a meme for a reason. HK has never worried themselves with civilians and poors.

I think there's some understandable reasons for H&K to behave that way.
    They got pretty screwed by the AWB for the US civilian market, and they aren't interested in rolling those dice again with any enthusiasm.

Also wasn't or isn't it illegal to import german barrels?

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I love the MP5 from all its incredible appearances in fiction. As a gun it's pretty great but it's performance to cost ratio is pretty wonky compared to a lot of other stuff these days.

I like the VP70 for its appearance in Aliens, but the gun itself is pretty trash.

The P7 is super cool from its appearance in Die Hard, and a good gun, but there are now guns that outclass it in every way (except looks) for 1/8th the price.

Fell for the SOCOM from my time with Metal Gear Solid. It's a quality gun, but it's size makes it a novelty.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a H&K USP45 I bought back in the 90's.
    Upgraded to the threaded barrel and Match Trigger conversion kit.
    It's a GREAT pistol that's functioned flawlessly since I've had it.
    The ONLY issue I have with it is, it's too big to easily conceal and carry.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

I was obsessed with HK stuff for a long time, then I was issued an MP5 at work. I didn't really care for it and was glad when we upgraded to ARs. I haven't cared for HK since. It's realy just a bunch of hype over their fireamrs mostly base don the fact that they are somewhat hard to come by in the US and they are expensive. In my opinion, the firearms themselves don't live up to that hype.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Well I have been drooling over the p30 now and all the many variants. I guess the big thing for me is if the slide can be milled for the RMR cut. I see it on the striker fired v9 but not so much on the p30? I just had a chance to run my SA 10mm with the Swampfox optic and really liked the red dot now on my pistol

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I was issued a MP5 with burst for about 10 years. We shot them monthly. Never had any issues as hard as we ran them. They are the Cadillac SMG. The Colt SMGs are junk compared to the HK. Always had multiple issues with the Colt SMG's

I also saw the HK P2000 with LEM in use with the Border Patrol until a couple years ago Those and the LEM is one of the most underated duty pistols around.

I was hoping since they increased production in Georgia (only reason we can get the SP5 now because of Papa Bush) the HK 94 would come back

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Just bought a P30L couple days ago. In addition to having a HK45C, HK45C tactical, USP9C. Getting bit by the HK bug will cost a little more, but are well made and reliable.

Top Bottom