Inefficient open carry or careless concealed carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I usually rock a sloppy concealed carry. I wear my gun OWB. It is secure and easily accessible. I usually try to cover it up but I don't always do a good job of it.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I usually open carry so... much ado about nothing, but there is a time and a place for CC too :thumbsup:
    this is true, II generally OC but I do DD when it is more appropriate, like if I am going into the mall where they don't allow even a knife per their no weapons "rule". Which they post in really small print inside a door that is so covered with no smoking signs you can't see through it on a small plaque behind the vending machines. All it would take is a No Weapons sign the door to keep the hassle down for the security guards and police but that would make too much sense. :rolleyes:

Sorry, back on topic now. :)

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    I don't know your location but you could have been talking about me. I was carrying a new-ish gun. Rocking it in a cheap holster dug out from the big box o' holsters. I have a Kirkpatrick leather on order for it which takes several weeks to get.

I started the day with a jacket on and as it warmed I removed the jacket. The remainder of the day my tshirt may have covered the gun, or not. Not a conscience decision to cover or uncover, I was working and jfc.

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    Hi! I wanted to ask about something I saw today. First off, I wanted to say I don't have my LTCH (yet), and I've never taken a class, so I don't know from nuthin'. That being said...

Today I saw someone carrying a handgun (I think it was probably a glock...that magazine had to be an inch and a half wide...ok, mild exaggeration) in his belt in the R flank (behind the hip) position. He was wearing a T-shirt, but it was riding over the butt of the gun. I think it was accidental, because when I saw him later, he had rearranged his T-shirt and covered the butt.

I was thinking: If he's wanting to open-carry, then why doesn't he just carry the pistol in a normal belt-holster? Then it would draw more smoothly and more quickly, and it would be clear and out in the open. If he was carrying concealed, why doesn't he use a smaller gun? Or use a better holster or better position so the gun isn't just waving out in the open? I mean, it wasn't just "printing"...the grip was completely exposed. Was that carelessness, or is that just how it is with concealed carry...that is, the gun will just hang out sometimes and there's just no way to make it better?

Or is this much ado about nothing?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Can you tell us city and place you spotted this sloppy CC'er? Since I started making some kydex holsters and stuff I have been trying different holsters in ride height and cant. With this weather I have been doing OWB with a t-shirt and try not to make the rookie mistakes of constantly checking it. With this comes the accidental shirt hiking up over it... I hiked all over BCSP yesterday with the kids and I'm pretty sure I was printing but really didn't care since I wasn't going to walk away from the car without it nor was I going to wear a jacket or hoodie.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Or not... Google image search is fun.

002-4.jpg

The ULTIMATE in JFC...

Jeepsandguns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    Carmel
    I'm pretty aware of my shirt riding up when I cc. When I'm at work it's much more of a priority to keep it covered. I'm going to get a P226, which is much larger than the lcp that I carry now, so I'll have to evaluate my game plan.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    No big deal. You could have thanked him for supporting the 2nd and being there to protect everyone if needed and then go about your business. ;)

Top Bottom