• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    INDIANAPOLIS -- Teachers, parents, visitors and some older students would be allowed to take guns to school parking lots under an Indiana lawmaker's proposal.
    A bill by Republican state Rep. Jim Lucas would let licensed gun owners have firearms on school property if they leave them locked and out of sight in their vehicles.

Indiana bill would allow guns in cars at schools

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The article is wrong. Students would not be allowed unless they are part of a school shooting team and have written permission from the principal.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That may be but I remember many kids who had shotguns in the car/truck during hunting season. No one was shot or died and we had an open lunch.

I did the exact same thing. It was never an issue. But then again, we didn't wear skinny jeans either.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    That may be but I remember many kids who had shotguns in the car/truck during hunting season. No one was shot or died and we had an open lunch.
    This. I forgot to take my shotgun out of my truck several times, and it went to school with me, many of my classmates did the same thing. It would have been easy enough to get since we spent half of lunch in the parking lot smoking...

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I had to go to the Clark Co. court house today, which meant leaving my EDC in the car. I locked it in a bulldog safe behind the front seat, but it still bugged me the whole time I was away from the vehicle. I hope, if this becomes law, that a LOT of people go out and buy a good car safe. It's better than what we have now, but the whole "leave it in the car" thing just bugs the **** out of me.

Top Bottom