• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Litter on your yard doesn't harm me; somebody burglarizing your home doesn't harm me; somebody stealing your identity harms me neither...why do those laws exist? You should take them to court and sue them for damages.

Actually they do harm you.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    i'm not confused at all. :)

Revelation 19:15

Quite right. There's plenty in the Bible to set one's head spinning. Yet the one constant I hear at Mass is that God grants Free Will to all and Christ, His Son, charts the path to redemption. Gay "marriage" and snarking on Christ's inclinations don't seem to blaze the trail to heaven. Please tell me which church you attend that supports your views.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Quite right. There's plenty in the Bible to set one's head spinning. Yet the one constant I hear at Mass is that God grants Free Will to all and Christ, His Son, charts the path to redemption. Gay "marriage" and snarking on Christ's inclinations don't seem to blaze the trail to heaven. Please tell me which church you attend that supports your views.

:rules: :mods:

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    The premis of your argument is incorrect. Like I said government must enforce some moral standard otherwise we have anarchy. You just claimed your moral standard is superior. What make yours more correct than someone else's?

Mortality is simply what is defined to be right or wrong. Anarchy is the absence of the enforcement of any moral standard. Since you agree that some standard must be enforced, you are claiming that your moral standard is superior.
    Ok, let's talk about anarchy. It is the absence of government and law, not morality. Morality is the basis of some laws while protecting the rights of everyone is the basis for the majority of them. Tell me how allowing gay marriage leads to total lawlessness of the masses? It doesn't.

He never said "my moral standards are higher than yours" thus never claimed as much. Rather, words were placed in is mouth (so to speak).

What leads to anarchy being thought to be resulted as a "lack of morality" is the fact that people will infringe on the rights of others in immoral manners, such as murder and robbery. Again, I must ask, how does the government have the right to govern morality? What morals do we follow? Christian, Muslim, Jewish, what? The answer is you can't enforce one set of morals without infringing on the rights of the others and you can't enforce all of them without infringing on morals of the other ones.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    And here's a good question, who here is actually for or against gay marriage? Me? I really don't care, let them do their thing.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ahhhhh, baloney Common sense and nature can handle this . For those who say ,this does not hurt anyone , ever hear lead by example , or monkey see monkey do . Well if you want to back this crap ,then lead by example , go gay get married , or shut the hell up. As far as your kids go if they see these marriages [gay] monkey sees , monkey learns , monkey does the same . Now when all of you who support this are married to your gay lovers and your kids all follow , monkey style ,your fine example , in one or two generations there will be no children . We will all just die off ,and the animals by nature will rule the world. It,s a law of nature ,and if you support Gays , you really need to examine your thought process . I treat them like any one else when I meat them ,nicely , but I will not support there public image in my face.
    Dawn of the Planet of the Gay Apes?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you live near me and someone litters up your yard I'll have to listen to my mother-in-law complain about it. If someone breaks into your house, I'll have to hear my mother-in-law complain about how unsafe the neighborhood is. Now that's not insignificant harm.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Ahhhhh, baloney Common sense and nature can handle this . For those who say ,this does not hurt anyone , ever hear lead by example , or monkey see monkey do . Well if you want to back this crap ,then lead by example , go gay get married , or shut the hell up. As far as your kids go if they see these marriages [gay] monkey sees , monkey learns , monkey does the same . Now when all of you who support this are married to your gay lovers and your kids all follow , monkey style ,your fine example , in one or two generations there will be no children . We will all just die off ,and the animals by nature will rule the world. It,s a law of nature ,and if you support Gays , you really need to examine your thought process . I treat them like any one else when I meat them ,nicely , but I will not support there public image in my face.
    I didn't realize how lucky I was to not have turned gay. I was exposed to it when I was about 8 and somehow managed not to contract it.

Hmm...then again, neither did anyone else I knew. Maybe I wasn't as lucky as I just thought. Maybe your thought process is as silly as the one that says all homosexuals are pedophiles. Don't let that stop you from getting into an uproar over this though.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If you live near me and someone litters up your yard I'll have to listen to my mother-in-law complain about it. If someone breaks into your house, I'll have to hear my mother-in-law complain about how unsafe the neighborhood is. Now that's not insignificant harm.

I think your MIL and my MIL might just be sisters.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We live in the middle of the block and our front yards seem to be the catch all for the local trash.

That is not Gay or anything but just a random statement.

Top Bottom