• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    It is important to note who opposes marriage equality. Look at the money flowing. Look at the reasoning. To say this isn't another of humanities struggle with religion is being willfully ignorant. Take a look at Uganda or a middle eastern country. Have a conversation with Mr. Bergoglio or Prop 8 in Cali. Look at the tweets of local state reps with regard to HR 3. It isn't rational. It isn't "federalism". It isn't a "redefinition of words". There is a common thread.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Ahhhhh, baloney Common sense and nature can handle this . For those who say ,this does not hurt anyone , ever hear lead by example , or monkey see monkey do . Well if you want to back this crap ,then lead by example , go gay get married , or shut the hell up. As far as your kids go if they see these marriages [gay] monkey sees , monkey learns , monkey does the same . Now when all of you who support this are married to your gay lovers and your kids all follow , monkey style ,your fine example , in one or two generations there will be no children . We will all just die off ,and the animals by nature will rule the world. It,s a law of nature ,and if you support Gays , you really need to examine your thought process . I treat them like any one else when I meat them ,nicely , but I will not support there public image in my face.

:scratch:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I guess I don't understand how an individual federal judge can rule that a State's law is 'unconstitutional', disrespect a majority rule, and have it simply result in being nullified on the spot. Along with that, how does ruling a law as being 'unconstitutional' automatically allow it to now be 'legal' per se? In a democracy, the majority rules...simple as that. When (current statistics) place the 'rights' of 3.8% of the population above the other's...how is that still a democracy? The rule of law should still apply...and as slow as it is, the process needs to be followed properly!

To put it into perspective, if I can find a judge (in this case, preferably a federal judge) to rule that a state's established / pre-set speed limit on their high way is 'unconstitutional'...can I then just run out and just drive 120 mph anywhere I want to go? Keep in mind there's absolutely NOTHING in COTUS that speaks directly to the establishment of state or federal highway speed limits!

Last edited:

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Ahhhhh, baloney Common sense and nature can handle this . For those who say ,this does not hurt anyone , ever hear lead by example , or monkey see monkey do . Well if you want to back this crap ,then lead by example , go gay get married , or shut the hell up. As far as your kids go if they see these marriages [gay] monkey sees , monkey learns , monkey does the same . Now when all of you who support this are married to your gay lovers and your kids all follow , monkey style ,your fine example , in one or two generations there will be no children . We will all just die off ,and the animals by nature will rule the world. It,s a law of nature ,and if you support Gays , you really need to examine your thought process . I treat them like any one else when I meat them ,nicely , but I will not support there public image in my face.

I truly hope you forgot the purple. If not, please step slowly away from your laptop. :tinfoil:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Hahahaha.......riiiiiiight........hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Omg...omg...hahahahahahaha. Oh man. I needed a good laugh. Thanks man. This is gold.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Oh I'm not sure more conversation is of any value. I doubt any minds were changed as a result of this. It's kinda fun to wrestle rhetorically but that's about it and when you have the regular-bible/religion-poo-pooers doing their strafing runs, it's about over with any way.

I don't think many minds were changed, but this was for the most part a good discussion. It makes me happy that a majority of people who responded to this thread (on a gun forum no less) were in favor of the ruling. While people had different reasons why they supported it, they did. At least for me personally, as soon as religion or the bible is mentioned the debate is over, for reasons I will not say because some may get offended and could result in thread closure. While I do not agree at all with them, they're welcome to their opinion, but a debate is futile. Mention and make a case against it on a constitutional basis and we'll have something fruitful going.

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    The overwhelming majority of Hoosiers want no part of homosexual marriage. Those who champion such abnormal conduct tend to be uneducated and relatively unsuccessful. Stated differently, they tend to be societal losers. The people of Indiana want no part of our society being ruined by the leftist, tattooed losers that mostly answer to the name of Bubba.

Indiana's Defense of Marriage Act clearly defines what "marriage" is in Indiana. That's what we want. Not weirdos and losers.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Hey, what you do in the privacy of your own home is your business.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    The overwhelming majority of Hoosiers want no part of homosexual marriage. Those who champion such abnormal conduct tend to be uneducated and relatively unsuccessful. Stated differently, they tend to be societal losers. The people of Indiana want no part of our society being ruined by the leftist, tattooed losers that mostly answer to the name of Bubba.

Indiana's Defense of Marriage Act clearly defines what "marriage" is in Indiana. That's what we want. Not weirdos and losers.

Do you have statistics to back up your claims? I don't remember being polled by anyone about my stance on the subject.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I guess I don't understand how an individual federal judge can rule that a State's law is 'unconstitutional', disrespect a majority rule, and have it simply result in being nullified on the spot. Along with that, how does ruling a law as being 'unconstitutional' automatically allow it to now be 'legal' per se? In a democracy, the majority rules...simple as that. When (current statistics) place the 'rights' of 3.8% of the population above the other's...how is that still a democracy? The rule of law should still apply...and as slow as it is, the process needs to be followed properly!

You are completely missing the point. Do you think America is a straight up democracy where mob rule allows inequality against a percentage of its people?

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN

Huh...the majority of my friends are college graduates and have good jobs. Heck, several are military veterans. While I do have two tattoos, I know of no Bubbas.

Btw, it's nice to see that you're capable of intellectual discussion and not name calling...oops, wait...

lj98

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Evansville

As a person with two advanced degrees married to someone who also holds her doctorate, please speak for yourself about the uneducated. Also, if believing that the rights of individuals to enter into binding social contracts with whomever they please makes me a "leftist," then I think we need to seriously redefine political labels.
    Of course I guess when the vast majority of Americans feel that firearm ownership is "abnormal" and outlaw it, that will be ok as well. Because of course mob (err majority) rule is what we are all about here right?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

I'll informed statements like that make the rest of us gun owners look like fools...thanks.

Last edited:

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    The overwhelming majority of Hoosiers want no part of homosexual marriage.

How do you know that?

Those who champion such abnormal conduct tend to be uneducated and relatively unsuccessful. Stated differently, they tend to be societal losers.

What's your proof?

The people of Indiana want no part of our society being ruined by the leftist, tattooed losers that mostly answer to the name of Bubba.

Never heard of him.

Not what I want. So, because you think most Hoosiers think it's okay to do that, it should be the law? This is why we have checks and balances, to prevent a majority from taking unconstitutional actions against a targeted group of people. And really, name calling? Sheesh...

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Wow.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

To put it into perspective, if I can find a judge (in this case, preferably a federal judge) to rule that a state's established / pre-set speed limit on their high way is 'unconstitutional'...can I then just run out and just drive 120 mph anywhere I want to go? Keep in mind there's absolutely NOTHING in COTUS that speaks directly to the establishment of state or federal highway speed limits!

The thing is, we don't live in a Democracy. We live in a Representative Republic. In a democracy, the majority rules and can create law that favors them while hurting minority groups. In a democracy, there is no constitution, only the vote. If the majority decided they did not like guns, we'd all be felons with the stroke of a pen.

Here's a good description: Republic vs. Democracy

SUMMARY
    In the Pledge of Allegiance we all pledge allegiance to our Republic, not to a democracy. "Republic" is the proper description of our government, not "democracy." I invite you to join me in raising public awareness regarding that distinction. A republic and a democracy are identical in every aspect except one. In a republic the sovereignty is in each individual person. In a democracy the sovereignty is in the group.

Republic. That form of government in which the powers of sovereignty are vested in the people and are exercised by the people, either directly, or through representatives chosen by the people, to whome those powers are specially delegated. [NOTE: The word "people" may be either plural or singular. In a republic the group only has advisory powers; the sovereign individual is free to reject the majority group-think. USA/exception: if 100% of a jury convicts, then the individual loses sovereignty and is subject to group-think as in a democracy.]

Democracy. That form of government in which the sovereign power resides in and is exercised by the whole body of free citizens directly or indirectly through a system of representation, as distinguished from a monarchy, aristocracy, or oligarchy. [NOTE: In a pure democracy, 51% beats 49%. In other words, the minority has no rights. The minority only has those privileges granted by the dictatorship of the majority.]

Not even close. There are many successful people that champion equal rights whether or not they are for ourselves. What the majority of Hoosiers believe is that we need to support the freedom of religion that our Constitution guarantees us. That means giving the right to practice whatever a person feels is best for themselves, not to force others to practice what we feel is best for them. That's the tactic of the freedom hating groups that fill the Middle East. This is a country where people can live their own life and not the one proscribed to them by others.

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

Trollin trollin trollin....keep them trollers trollin....

Top Bottom