• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    1. Foreign participation was reduced because of Covid.

2. Primer shortage? Both Olin and ATK have increased production AND a third source of domestic production will open soon in Texas.

3. The ammunition that Russian imports has already been stopped because sanctions, that in the pipeline is dependent on contractual obligation and the shlock COTS coming is not what the Russian military uses.

I know people are concerned but no reason to believe this nonsense which is produced to create panic.
    I want to believe everything you`ve said, and I do believe what you`ve said, but then, why are we still seeing bare shelves and so much trouble getting once readily available common calibers and cartridges?

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Not a surprise of this posting by Hillside. I was last there about 6 years ago and will never return. Overpriced, crappy attitudes and clay target ranges that were not maintained and staff could have cared less.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I want to believe everything you`ve said, and I do believe what you`ve said, but then, why are we still seeing bare shelves and so much trouble getting once readily available common calibers and cartridges?
    Because the buying frenzy will not subside with this sort of panic inducing. Think TP.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    I'm not wired into the firearms/ammo world like a lot of you Gents.
    Never heard of Hillside before...
    I know that EVERYTHING is getting more expensive and many things are getting hard to aquire.
    I appreciate any insight/information that might give me an edge in buying

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Just more price mongering.

I’m stacked deep on all fronts but new calibers, and guess what, I aint going for that 8.6 or 30 super ******** just like I didn’t go for any of the new “super” calibers that died.

At this point all this is doing is scaring away new people and thats sad.

I went hard into 450 bushmaster over the past few months, and thankfully that has been very easy to find about anywhere. As have components, except for primers.

Interested in 30 SC but I'm waiting on someone to make a gun I actually want in it. I'd be able to load that for absurdly little money.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Speaking of panic lol

midwayusa has long Shot in if you reload shotshells.
    I use Longshot for 9mm, 38 special, 10mm, 44mag, 45acp, and 45colt. It's a very versatile powder for handguns.

I hardly ever shoot Russian steel case ammunition. Is it really bought and shot that much other than Russian calibers?
    I've played with it and shot it when someone gave it to me mostly.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I use Longshot for 9mm, 38 special, 10mm, 44mag, 45acp, and 45colt. It's a very versatile powder for handguns.

I hardly ever shoot Russian steel case ammunition. Is it really bought and shot that much other than Russian calibers?
    I've played with it and shot it when someone gave it to me mostly.

It was before the ban on Russian imports. Quite a bit of standard 9mm, 40, 45, etc in Russian steel case used to be sold at Walmart and elsewhere, and then of course the Russian calibers but also .223 and 5.56 steel case stuff.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Let's see, prices on ammo is either stabilizing or coming down slightly, and ammo availability is up, so time to create a panic to cause people to empty the shelve creating a fake shortage driving the prices up so we can make more money from the panic.

Has panic buying actually stopped any time in the last few years?

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I believe the third paragraph is the most telling. It starts with ,"The possibility of Russia invading Ukraine..." and then moves to, "once the invasion occurs...".

Lots of speculation and fear mongering here. They must be taking their cues from the Biden administration. I could go on but I'll save it for the Politics sub forum.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    2018 was pretty great. $160 for a case of 9mm. ~$300 for a case of 223. Free 7.62x39 if you bought a bottle of Stoly.
    yes, we had a couple years there where everyone should have been stocking up. surely no one believed that was going to last.

and the current shortage is more than just panic buying. that has been debunked many times.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    First, I am not a Hillside fan, or Midwest for that matter. I was not at the SHOT Show and can not offer any first hand information. Those of you that were, please offer up your facts.
    We have watched for well over a year comments from many stating that this shortage, price increase was “short term” and over in no time. Not the case.
    Get what you can the best way you can, period.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    2018 was pretty great. $160 for a case of 9mm. ~$300 for a case of 223. Free 7.62x39 if you bought a bottle of Stoly.

2018 Black Friday was nice. That's when I bought my PSA 20" Freedom upper w/o BCG or charging handle but with mil-spec carry handle...$216. Bought some Blazer Black Pack 9mm too (forget the price but it was a really good sale).

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I joined Antwerp Conservation Club in Ohio several years ago. It's $50 for an annual family membership. 3 pistol bays, 300 yards on the rifle side. Sun up to sun down, except when there's an event or the clubhouse is rented (posted on the calendar ahead of time). No RSO breathing down your neck or treating you like a 5 year old. No cease fire because of a train coming. You can carry your gun on your person loaded in a holster (like a big boy). And the range isn't an entire flooded mudhole everywhere.
    Bingo....we (now) live over near Woodburn and the Antwerp Conservation Club is less than 30 minutes for an outdoor range...and the family membership is only $50...with 2 sons who love to shoot, this is a great opportunity for us!

Top Bottom