• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. Foreign participation was reduced because of Covid.

2. Primer shortage? Both Olin and ATK have increased production AND a third source of domestic production will open soon in Texas.

3. The ammunition that Russian imports has already been stopped because sanctions, that in the pipeline is dependent on contractual obligation and the shlock COTS coming is not what the Russian military uses.

I know people are concerned but no reason to believe this nonsense which is produced to create panic.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Didn’t somebody mention that Hogdon makes all thier powder in Australia and they have been shut down hard for like a year?

THAT can’t be helping matters at all…

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Not sure I buy completely the ammo shortage getting worse as a result of Russia. 7.62x39 will probably be hard(er) to find, but it has been since JB's executive order banning importing that ammo.
    PPU has been basically no where to be found for at least a year; they've always been a streaky supplier.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not sure I buy completely the ammo shortage getting worse as a result of Russia. 7.62x39 will probably be hard(er) to find, but it has been since JB's executive order banning importing that ammo.
    PPU has been basically no where to be found for at least a year; they've always been a streaky supplier.
    I think Pink Floyd summed it up...

Just another brick in the wall.

Not a major factor in and of itself, but its not helping anything. Just like millions of new owners, panic buyers, flippers, etc.

And as already stated, the import pipeline was shut off back in September. Probably all the previously imported stuff is starting to run low coincidentally as Ukraine is getting hot. Probably why they think there is a connection.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I think Pink Floyd summed it up...

Just another brick in the wall.

Not a major factor in and of itself, but its not helping anything. Just like millions of new owners, panic buyers, flippers, etc.

Yeah I anticipate some even darker days with JB in the oval office. Inflation also hurts the cause. The best time to buy gun stuff has always been now. The only better time was yesterday.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah I anticipate some even darker days with JB in the oval office. Inflation also hurts the cause. The best time to buy gun stuff has always been now. The only better time was yesterday.
    I just put in another order at CCI to make sure I could at least still have fun with my 22s with the kids. I think they are starting to run low as I hit a wall and could only add 2 boxes of one sku. I hadnt hit the max yet, and now when I try to add more to another order, It wont let me. I think I bought the last 2 boxes.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I just put in another order at CCI to make sure I could at least still have fun with my 22s with the kids. I think they are starting to run low as I hit a wall and could only add 2 boxes of one sku. I hadnt hit the max yet, and now when I try to add more to another order, It wont let me. I think I bought the last 2 boxes.
    Funny enough, I just did too! Bought some mini mags.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Sounds like hillside has some over priced ammo they need to sell.
    Hillside is a joke of an operation, and I would take anything they say with a grain of salt. They've always been WAY overpriced and rude. I let my membership expire a few years ago because of both. Charged top dollar for range membership, price gouged on ammo and guns, ****-poor upkeep of outdoor range and treated members like garbage (unless you were in the old guy club). They tried to get me to come back, I told them all of the reasons why not and then they let me know they were raising their prices. They can go **** up a rope.

*There were a few employees who were good, but they were far overshadowed by the owner and other hooligans.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Hillside is a joke of an operation, and I would take anything they say with a grain of salt. They've always been WAY overpriced and rude. I let my membership expire a few years ago because of both. Charged top dollar for range membership, price gouged on ammo and guns, ****-poor upkeep of outdoor range and treated members like garbage (unless you were in the old guy club). They tried to get me to come back, I told them all of the reasons why not and then they let me know they were raising their prices. They can go **** up a rope.

*There were a few employees who were good, but they were far overshadowed by the owner and other hooligans.
    I'm coming to the same conclusion. I bought a membership last year so I can go past 200yrds probably should've put those funds elsewhere.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm coming to the same conclusion. I bought a membership last year so I can go past 200yrds probably should've put those funds elsewhere.
    I know they changed management during the time I spoke of, don't know if the owner is the same or not anymore. I got tired of their BS and have no plans to ever go back. Now it looks like they're trying to use scare tactics for profit. Classy.

I joined Antwerp Conservation Club in Ohio several years ago. It's $50 for an annual family membership. 3 pistol bays, 300 yards on the rifle side. Sun up to sun down, except when there's an event or the clubhouse is rented (posted on the calendar ahead of time). No RSO breathing down your neck or treating you like a 5 year old. No cease fire because of a train coming. You can carry your gun on your person loaded in a holster (like a big boy). And the range isn't an entire flooded mudhole everywhere.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Didn’t somebody mention that Hogdon makes all thier powder in Australia and they have been shut down hard for like a year?

THAT can’t be helping matters at all…
    I posted a response to that, about St Marks powder located in Florida which makes product for Hodgden and Winchester (which is Hodgden) and they are running flat out

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Just more price mongering.

I’m stacked deep on all fronts but new calibers, and guess what, I aint going for that 8.6 or 30 super ******** just like I didn’t go for any of the new “super” calibers that died.

At this point all this is doing is scaring away new people and thats sad.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Panic buying has increased, People's pockets are being emptied, One main thing to blame for all of this and that is the "bejing joe biden administration and its minions, and we all know some voted for this "LETS GO BRANDON"

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    1. Foreign participation was reduced because of Covid.

2. Primer shortage? Both Olin and ATK have increased production AND a third source of domestic production will open soon in Texas.

3. The ammunition that Russian imports has already been stopped because sanctions, that in the pipeline is dependent on contractual obligation and the shlock COTS coming is not what the Russian military uses.

I know people are concerned but no reason to believe this nonsense which is produced to create panic.

AKA, fear mongering. Quickly, buy my overpriced goods before they are gone (allegedly)

Top Bottom